Tweaks Toys

Tweak

Thread author
Jan 8, 2011
Only posting 1 of the 3 desktops, not bothering with the laptop or net book at all, I really only use this rig although both the net book and laptop are practically new.

16i8l7b.jpg

9h1dsp.jpg

What you don't see... dual 24in Samsung Monitors, Altec Lansing 641 Ultimate speakers (insanely loud), Antec Case, 1K Watt Fully Modular Ultra X3 PSU, CyberPower UPS. Multiple external drives ranging from 1TB to 2TB (1,1.5,2, like 4 ext 2 int) for the larger and several smaller not really worth mentioning in any detail.

(The pic was just after building and before the second 6GB of mem were added)
WEI used to be 7.2 but after having run 24/7 for the past 2+ yrs it seems to have dropped to 7.1 :sad:

I like the addition of this new part of the forum, thanks for the suggestion and the addition.

Tweak

Thread author
Jan 8, 2011
Yes it is Dman, had it from a previous build and even after many years it is still one of the best you can get, I just snagged a ThermalTake fan I had and I think the rear I added and used paper-clips to make mounts for is either a Yate Loon or possibly a Scythe, don't recall. As for the RamDisk question...was toying around and added it for my Opera Browser cache and some other temp directories, WinRAR for example or SRWare Iron cached files. You can check out the specifics here: http://www.superspeed.com/desktop/ramdisk.php

I really want to build something new but it just isn't justifiable at present.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I see how those RAMDisks are :) I don't if you have tweaked your windows but you could make so that the virutal memory goes in that ramdisk; this way your HDD is free from producing virtual memory. (it's surely indifferent for SSD but just a tip.)

Regards,
Valentin N

Tweak

Thread author
Jan 8, 2011
Valentinchen N said:
I see how those RAMDisks are :) I don't I if you have tweaked your windows but you could make so that the virutal memory goes in that ramdisk; this way your HDD is free from producing virtual memory. (it's surely indifferent for SSD but just a tip.)

Ignore this message if you find it stupid or anything like that.

Regards,
Valentin N

I don't find it "stupid or anything", everyone can and should have and express their opinions. I have temp directories and paging file located on drive R, my RamDisk drive. Reason for the multiple partitions is C: OS, P: Programs, G: Games, X: Storage, U: Secondary storage, plus the externals of course. Next time I load Win again though I probably won't even bother with the RamDisk, with the SSD, the 600GB WD Velociraptor and the 1TB WD Black Edition all being fairly fast drives I just don't really need it. Although I am already doing as you have suggested thanks for offering the tip.

Tweak

Thread author
Jan 8, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Nice tidy build. Is that a Antec p180??

The P180 is in the other room with my old AMD 4400, but pretty much the same case...this is the Antec P182, very slight differences but mainly this one if Gun Metal/Black and the 180 is Silver/Black. Good eye, I think the cable management and external fan speed control is the main differences, I really tried to keep the wires as unnoticeable as possible.:cool:

G

Guest28

Wow that is a very nice toy i must say. :) Wish i had one that beast but i really don't need it.

Tweak

Thread author
Jan 8, 2011
ryan said:
Wow that is a very nice toy i must say. :) Wish i had one that beast but i really don't need it.

Thanks, I've never felt there was a "too fast" so I'd love to be able to build a new one but having so much spent on car toys the PC toys are on hold.:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.