15.6inch display
4gb NVidia gfx card

Windows Utilities :
Spybeacon
Unchecky
Tweaking.com Windows Repair tool
DllSuite 9
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Zemana Anti-malware beta(on-demand scanner)
Webroot Secure Anywhere
MalwareBytes Anti-exploit

Edited Hosts File by MVPS, Spybeacon, Adblockers, Unchecky etc.

In Mozilla Addons:
disable Webrtc
Adguard
Bluhell Firewall
Clean links
Google Privacy
Httpseverywhere
Pureurl
Privacy Settings
Privacy Badger
Ghostery
Clean Uninstall

Do let me know what is it that I am missing in my config or what should be removed or added and why.
Whole heartedly open for suggestions, critics, advices, opinions etc anything you like

N

Noxx

Nice, light config. Consider adding one more on-demand scanner such as Emsisoft EK, Crystal Security, etc. Also... since you're keen on privacy and such, consider getting PaleMoon, CyberFox or something similar so that you don't need all of those addons.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You have one day left so why not upgrade to Windows 10, as an operating system i like it a lot. ;) And it is free if you upgrade before then. Make a backup and if you do not like Windows 10 go back to your previous version and can return to Windows 10 when you want to.

TReyTyger

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 28, 2016
I am not planning on upgrading to win 10 due to n number of compatibility issue with some of the applications. Windows 10 is still not that widely accepted by most of the companies releasing applications. Those who have released win10 "compatible" versions seems to have bugs and unacknowledged application behavior. Win10 is Still not in "All application Compatible OS" unlike win8 and win8.1.

Reactions: AlphaBeta
N

Noxx

I can't think of the last time Windows 10 wasn't compatible with a game or program I used. Think over some more, because you don't want to regret 6 months down the line not getting it for free. In any case, good luck in any decision you may make.

N

Noxx

I'll Consider wfc and win 10 for sure today. thanks for your suggestions. Really Appreciate it :)

Good man! Remember, it's just a matter of time before Windows 10 become more widely compatible with older programs and such. If you really liked Windows 7, it's very similiar. Just a sleaker look, more secure. I just couldn't get used to the touch pad UI in 8, and I couldn't find anything half the time.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice configuration out there. :)

You may try to add hardening protection based like Appguard or NVT Radar Pro for additional enhancement so in case your current AV bypass some sophisticated attacks.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
You can removed Bluhell Firewall as you already have Adguard, and considering you've recently got a malware attack might want to consider adding some anti-exe or isolation software in your set-up.

Nice light config BTW... Thanks for sharing!:cool::cool:

TReyTyger

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 28, 2016
Thanks everyone for amazing responses. I have removed bluhell and i'll remove ghostery as well now and I cant really afford appguard(I liked appguard more than nvt from videos on youtube I have seen) and I am still not planning on upgrading to win10 because of frames dropping issues etc. I am just not ready for win10 yet. and anti-exes (spy shelter) goes kernel deep which kind of scares me as spy shelter gave bsod a lot of times when running with anti exploit(I had very bad experience with spy shelter)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.