Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
There are security holes in Ubuntu 10.04! The sky is falling! Bill Gates is the maker of the one true operating system; forgive us Bill for we have worshiped at the feet of false Penguin idols. Oh please, give me a break!

Linux, like all other operating systems and software, has security holes. Always has, always will. No one ever said Linux was perfect. It’s not. It never will be.

What makes Ubuntu and Linux better than most of their competitors aren’t that they are flawless. It’s that when bugs are found, they fixed as fast as possible and then the fixes are pushed out to users immediately. There is no monthly Patch Tuesday. If there’s a significant problem, its tracked down and fixed. Period. End of statement

More details - link

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Nothing is ever 100% secure, but I agree in your point you was trying to get across, Microsoft should issue fixes as soon they become available rather than delay.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
of what I understand the opensource developers trying to fix them as fast as they can compared to Microsoft is planning and follows a schedule.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Whatever language you speak you'll find a forum that has some "Linux junkies" that will help you thru your problem.

G

Guest28

Linux is great and more secure than windows but there are complications. I rather run windows because i'm a windows junkie.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
By the way the next version of Ubuntu code named Natty Narwhal will be released on 28 April.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I hope they have improved the network sector; if you don't have the right drivers you are doomed and you will be forced to go back to windows 7.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
What kind of problems? I tested for a month Linux Mint and i got everything i needed in the installation pack. Are those versions so different? From what i saw Linux Mint is Ubuntu with most drivers and changed skin.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
when I installed Ubuntu 10.10 my 802.11 wasn't recognized and this something that many have who had Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.