In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Britain is reportedly planning to blackout Russia if the latter tends to execute its plan of launching a missile attack at the UK’s military base which is said to be ill-equipped to respond to such attacks as of now.

The exercise to blackout Moscow is said to be the biggest war game of this decade and might involve over 5,500 cyber troops to involve in the £100 million operations.

Classified Whitehall info leaked through a source from Daily Mail suggests that the cyber forces of Britain have already received a green flag from the government to launch a digital attack which could turn off lights in Russia as a part of a bid to block the Vladimir Putin nation launching a missile attack.

Meanwhile, the news is out that Russian hackers targeted Cancer Research UK customers with a cyber attack in June 2016. The attack was launched to steal the card details of those people who purchased gifts through the charity website.

RiskIQ, a cybersecurity consultancy firm said that an anonymous group called ‘Magecart’ reportedly planted malicious code into the online store to copy credit card info of the customers. However, the IT staff of the Cancer Research UK identified the attempt in time and is said to have managed to nullify its effect.

The online shop catering to the Cancer Research UK allows donors to donate cancer treatment-related equipment such as Bandannas and clothing designed exclusively to those who underwent through a mastectomy.

On Monday this week, Russian embassy responded to all the allegations put forward by the UK as “false” and demanded a valid evidence to prove the points by the Theresa May led Government which is currently jostling to tackle Brexit.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Britain is reportedly planning to blackout Russia if the latter tends to execute its plan of launching a missile attack at the UK’s military base
I personal take this whole report with a few tons of salt as I would guess it won't help those nukes that already in the air and does anyone actually believe if the Russians would nuke the UK that they would only attack UK's military base. :rolleyes:

If the UK government reacts like this on a, quote : " steal the card details of those people who purchased gifts through the charity website. " attack, wonder how they would react on a genuine attack?

L

Local Host

On Monday this week, Russian embassy responded to all the allegations put forward by the UK as “false” and demanded a valid evidence to prove the points by the Theresa May led Government which is currently jostling to tackle Brexit.
UK is acting like the USA with baseless accusations and no evidence to back it up, this is pure media manipulation.
As @upnorth said and well, take this article as a grain of salt.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have seen nothing of this story on the news here today so i'm not sure how credible it really is. we have a nuclear base here in Scotland so i'm not sure if that would be the target or perhaps a regular base but either way, if and that's a BIG if then i will say my goodbyes now because that base is only about 50 miles away from me but if it happens it wouldn't matter if i was 350 miles away would it ? Bye Bye from @Weebarra
bomb.gif

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.