UK school says no to 'coz', 'ain't', 'innit'

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
24225061.cms

LONDON: Ending sentences with 'yeah' or starting one with 'basically' has now been banned by a school in South London. In a clamp down on urban slang, the school has also banned its students from using words and phrases that include bare, innit, you woz, we woz, coz and ain't
The school has warned that students heard using informal language will be asked to 'reflect' on it. The school has set up sign boards across the campus pointing out words that students cannot use anymore. The move by Harris Academy in Upper Norwood is facing a severe backlash on the social media with people saying the move will censor a 'young person's natural language'.

Experts say the use of urban slang has made youngsters forget proper English. The school however has clarified that it isn't saying slang is bad, but simply that it shouldn't be the only way that one is capable of communicating. Britons were recently found to be losing their hold over English.

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Lol" should be banned too.

LOL

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
really it is hard to tell the youngster to not using such words :lolz:
I know these words since when i join the orkut as i want to stay away from the net in starting days but via orkut people simplified the word like U instead You and now this is my habbit to write U instead you.But slang word like coz ???

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
""Lol" should be banned too"
really they are easy to write as now world is going fast so why not langauage too :D

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I could sit here and poke fun about how British Islanders have no sense of humor, but I won't, because old English, when spoken outside of the ghetto, is the purist form of the English language. I dig it.
I was not allowed to say "ain't" when I was younger, and I was a country bumpkin in lead mining country. I do like "yeah" though.
When proper English is spoken, you hear every syllable, and it is perfect. I met a woman who claimed she was from England last night, and I was disappointed, because she had the ugliest accent I have ever heard. Surely she was faking. Typically, I love hearing British Islanders talk. It is cool.

I think that "ya think?" should be banned. Makes my blood boil, and it is never funny. It is always some spoiled, smart-arse chick saying it too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.