Ukraine for Ukrainians ?.. thread disappeared - Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Ukraine for Ukrainians ?.. thread disappeared - Why - topic here ..

MOTTO:

-from the MT WELCOME text:
'Welcome to malwaretips.com, a free community .. By joining our free community you wil have access to post threads ..'

'All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.' - Edmund Burke

------------------------------

I discovered today with amazement and stupefaction, that my thread, which are titled: 'Ukraine for Ukrainians ?..' - simply disappeared! - while being already closed a few days ago .. thread posted 3 Mars 2014.
My question is simple: Why? Why my thread disappeared from Space Bar forum?
Here are two screenshots of this topic from Google cache, and the Google Cache link (Thanks, Google!):

Top of the thread from the Google Cache:
Ukraine for Ukrainians .. deleted topic screenshot from Google cached page.jpg
Ry4eWmj.jpg

.. and the bottom of page cached:
Ukraine for Ukrainians .. - screenshot of the bottom of this page.jpg
2zq67k7.jpg

.. and link to Google cache of this topic: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yOtogdB4SsYJ:malwaretips.com/threads/ukraine-for-ukrainians.23601/ &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=bs

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramblin

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Listed under I. General Forum Rules, At number 3. No inappropriate content:

We do not allow political or religion threads as the may escalate into flaming and rudeness against MalwareTips, its staff, other forum members or any other party. MalwareTips is truly global and so are its forum members. Cultures, opinions and traditions differ, and MalwareTips forums are a place for cooperation, not clashes. Because we are a technology based forum, we do not allow threads about politics or religion, and if we see one, we reserve the right to remove or moderate such topics.

You can view them here: http://malwaretips.com/pages/rules/

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Listed under I. General Forum Rules, At number 3. No inappropriate content:

We do not allow political or religion threads as the may escalate into flaming and rudeness against MalwareTips, its staff, other forum members or any other party. MalwareTips is truly global and so are its forum members. Cultures, opinions and traditions differ, and MalwareTips forums are a place for cooperation, not clashes. Because we are a technology based forum, we do not allow threads about politics or religion, and if we see one, we reserve the right to remove or moderate such topics.

You can view them here: http://malwaretips.com/pages/rules/

- So when - when these rules were published, please?

PS. I repeat one of my questions posted in the post above:
'- and what 'violation of the Community Guidelines', please?'

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
About itching....Putin drops the Proletariat flag and become a Nazionalist. Like the Austrian corporal a few decades ago.

Make fun about the thread that was taken down but the boundary with the West has become 800 kilometers closer. Freedom and liberty is at your border now.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Bo

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'- So when - when these rules were published, please?'

- Because a true response is a little slow to arrive - so to help you to answer , here is the screenshot which prove, that the forum rules have been changed during the course of discussion in the 'Ukraine for Ukrainians ?..' topic (look on Post #6) :
Middle of the Ukrainian for Ukrainians .. thread screenshot cached version.jpg
arySDXW.jpg

Exterminator20 wrote in the Post #6:
'No offense taken but the forum rules have been updated or will be shortly on these types of discussions.'
I have seen too a post announcing the new rules , but it disappeared ..

- We should not change the rules of the game during the game. When game is played .. this is not fair play, I think.

I would too remind to you all, that this is the true fight for the Freedom and Liberty on MT here. Freedom and Liberty for you all.
'If a gunman comes into your classroom, every single one of you needs to attack him. Sure some of you might get shot, but if you do nothing every single one of you is going to be killed.' - University Police Officer.
If enough people attack the gunman they will win, eventually. But if they do nothing they're all just sitting ducks. Its an important message that needs to get out there, for all.png
9h5GcIi.png

We should not change the rules of the game during the game .. this is not fair play, I think.

'- and what 'violation of the Community Guidelines', please?'

Look on my Post #1 in the Ukraine for Ukrainians ?.. topic and judge: in this post you see peaceful and relevant question, to have the answers with peaceful intentions and relevant, a civilized discussion.
BTW yidigo noted in the Post # 5: 'We are not fighting just talking on a up-to-date news on Ukraine,you know.'
So on my part I see no violation of forum rules, those old and new ones.
And I can not be held responsible for responses from other people.
- so: 'what 'violation of the Community Guidelines', please?'

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This was already discussed in the PM between yourself and Jack, on Monday 3rd March, 2014.

If you wish to discuss further, reply in the PM as noted above.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The admin of this site has the right to amend or change the rules anytime they see fit.Please let me explain the screenshots of my posts.I was trying to nicely convey that these types of topics cause problems and that even though the space bar is an "off-topic" forum it doesn't mean that the rules aren't applied to it.I was trying to cool the situation before it got to the point it is at now.

I would too remind to you all, that this is the true fight for the Freedom and Liberty on MT here. Freedom and Liberty for you all.

A fight for freedom and Liberty on MT???? I don't really see it that way and do not understand why the police officer quote and image was posted or has anything at all to do with this discussion or what happens here on this site.I personally feel that some would find it extremely offensive that something that tragic was even used in this thread. It appears to be used as a comparison to "the true fight for the Freedom and Liberty on MT".Please forgive me if at first glance it appears to be the case.

To be brutally frank this is a security website!!! The space bar exists so that off topic discussions such as humorous videos,music,games and other non security discussions can be posted without littering the other security related forums on this site.However these off topic posts should be in good taste and follow the forum rules.I believe it was not meant to be a Political or Religious pulpit as these topics are based on individual beliefs and are not shared by everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.