Umbra's Great Paranoid Guide (Update in progress)

are you paranoid?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Okay, one last question, what do you think of this argument for SoftEther over OpenVPN?

OpenVPN vs. SoftEther VPN
Popular Question: What is the advantage of SoftEther VPN to OpenVPN?
Obviously, OpenVPN is an excellent tool. However, the development of OpenVPN has been stalled for many years. And as you know OpenVPN has no significant improvement in recent years.

The following table will show that the more benefit that SoftEther VPN can provied you. SoftEther VPN supports multi VPN protocols and multi native-VPN clients of various operating systems. SoftEther VPN has an easy-to-use VPN server management GUI tool. SoftEther VPN has also multi-language support. There are any other advantages in SoftEther VPN. Furthermore, SoftEther VPN has the OpenVPN-clone server function. It means that any OpenVPN users can replace it to SoftEther VPN seamlessly.

The SoftEther VPN Project believes that SoftEther VPN has the potential ability to occupy the even stronger position in today's OpenVPN.

=comparison3.png

source: SoftEther VPN Project - SoftEther VPN Project

im using SoftEther too, lot of good stuff compared to OpenVPN :p

SE is SSL by default. and yes they hope to be the replacement of OpenVPN.

Reactions: Hangtooth

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Nice, I ended up with the softether client too, but only found some really slow US based servers.

Works great, just have to find servers you can rely on =) Thanks!

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
What about booting my java environment in a VM and work off of that I have plenty of space on my ssd and tons of ram. Just boot win10 on vmware workstation and work off of that I have three screens so should be easy enough... That is a workaround right? For running a JRE on my workstation safely?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i dont develop and i know few about Java RE , but i guess it is a good idea. just be sure that the VM doesn't hamper JRE

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Im using i special client that contains several secured DNS , for the basic one i dont know

Reactions: XavierGaming

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.