Question Unsafe Browsing and Edge's Enhance Security Mode

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
No. It is just another sale pitch called ultra super extra security that does almost nothing, but it is supposed to convince people to use Edge. Just like Google Advanced Protection.
It is like products, which kill 99% bacteria, but they fail to mention that 99% bacteria are harmless to people. It is not entirely useless, but I would not switch a browser based on that.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Because AppContainer has less rights than Untrusted and disabling JIT also removes the nessecity to make working memory writeable you are better protected against vulnabilities and exploits. But it is overhyped to make people endure the bloat Edge adds to your browser. Chrome can be configured to run with similar additional protection.

For more common threats using two profiles is a better approach. One for visiting trusted websites and one for visiting risky websites. In the risky website profile, you can disable (set to block or deny) all site permissions except images, sound/video play, javascript and cookies (leave those on default).

Two user profiles also allows you to use two different DNS services. I have sort of copied Tairiki's approach to limit the allowed TopLevelDomains in the DNS for the risky surfing profile to com, io, net, org and EU plus NL(because I am living in the NL).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.