Troubleshoot Unusual applications; "Dave Kerr" and "Todo" (malware ??)

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Hi-

I have been loading applications onto what I considered to be a fresh install of Windows. I opened up the "manage application" settings on Kasperksy Total Security which gives me list of applications. Most of these are things I recognise. However, there are two strange items- one called "Dave Kerr" and one called "Todo". (screenshot attached).

Does anyone know what these things are ? Is it Malware ?

Thanks for your advice.

upload_2017-11-19_21-47-39.png

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
UPDATE: I have worked out that these applications appear when pcloud is installed.
Pcloud is good software which I trust, so I have emailed the company to ask if this is normal. I will await their reply.

Upvote 0

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for your replies. I got this from pcloud....

There are no such apps like "Dave Kerr" "Todo" and "N Software" which are installed with pCloud Drive. You can find the latest desktop app version here - pCloud - File Security Made Simple | pCloud

I am not entirely satisfied with this answer as these programs are only showing up after pcloud is installed. Even though kaspersky marks them as "safe" its a strange situation. I am pretty sure that my laptop is not infected with malware because I am just in the processs of loading applications onto it after a clean install of Windows 10. I have not properly used it yet.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.