Battle Vault creation: Veracrypt or Cryptomator

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hello guys, after reading a thread about encrypting, i decided to change my currently encryptor (Steganos Safe) for another.

Steganos uses 384-bit AES-XEX encryption, which honestly idk how safe it is.

As far as i know AES-256 is the gold standard. Cryptomator uses it, and i believe Veracrypt does the same (despite i didn't find the info).

I want to keep a vault inside a disk or USB pendrive. Not necessarily keeping it synced with google drive.

So which one is the best, safest and trusted? From those 2, i think only Cryptomator have already been audited.

BONUS QUESTION: Bitlocker can be used to create a vault inside a disk/pendrive?

Just in case you have time to help a little more, i tried to use crypatomator to store encrypted files in the cloud, but i face a problem: i should have to keep files off line, despite they were synced. The main reason for that is that even if i delete the local files, i would have to download all the encrypted folder again every time i needed to check or change anything inside it. And this can be very annoying.
Do you know any solution for that?

Reactions: RXZ6Q

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.