Veeam Endpoint Backup Free - Lots of IT Guys are LOVING This FREE back-up software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
page.jpg

Just read the reviews...

Veeam Endpoint Backup Free Reviews, Price Quotes, Problems, Support | Reviews | Spiceworks

Homepage: Free Desktop and Laptop backup - Veeam Endpoint Backup

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
how would this compare to macrium reflect?

Well I have been reading tons about BU software, Veeam seems to stand out from the crowd.

The only other one I was warming up to was drivesnapshot, but its great flaw is restoration, IF your PC goes dead. It seems drivesnapshot has to be booted in some kind of dos medium to restore. Which is a shame. It seemed closest to AX64.

Of the "standard" image / BU programs... The one I have chosen was a toss up between Macrium and Aomei.

Shame AX64TM (Version 1) would be the best of all IF the original developer had stayed with the program, and kept it as a hot/cold/warm image software...

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
About drivesnapshot: Drive Snapshot - Disk Image Backup for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/X64,

just to be fair, it will make a BU while in Windows 10, just like AX64TM Version 1, and then restore was very fast upon reboot just like AX64... Ax64 does the restore inside windows, with windows frozen, then at 100% it reboots PC...

DriveSnapShot"DSS" does this in the same way, except upon reboot it does the restore during startup. Both are about same speed too in Windows 10.

BUT if your PC dies, you need a boot medium, this is where I ran into trouble, I have bootable USB's for AV, Macrium, ETC, but only because those programs make the bootable USB for me.

I didn't have a bootable USB for "DSS" or I would have chosen "DSS" to take the place of my favorite imaging software AX64TM Version 1.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
If anyone can explain a step by step "SIMPLE" process for me to create a USB Boot Thumb Drive for using with "Drive SnapShot" I would be forever grateful.

I would need it if anything happened and I had to restore to a new PC or if my current PC would not boot.

Then I would like to purchase the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.