App Review Vipre Internet Security 2012 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Vipre Internet Security 2012 Review
Uploaded to YouTube by MyITtech

FYI
MDL giving lots of dead links on these reviews.
Sorry cannot be called a true test as "Veeper" was not given enough ammunition :)

Kindly N.B.
Questions about software or tests should be directed to the video's author.
I only contribute these videos for the communities enjoyment :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
May I ask what are the best setting for Vipre IS? Are there any tuts online?

I

illumination

MRF71 said:
May I ask what are the best setting for Vipre IS? Are there any tuts online?

Im sure others can add to this, their own ways to set Vipre, but here is the way i run it, if you so chose to test these settings.

I set it to "Learning Mode" which enables the IDS, Logs Packets going to unopened ports, as well as enables "Boot Time Protection"..
In the "IDS" I set all to "Block With Notify"
In the "Web Filtering Settings" i tick "Filter Persistent Cookies" as
well as "When a Web site directs me to another Web site, do not include the first Web site's address".

I enable the "Host Intrusion Prevention System" with it set to "Block With Notify".

And of course i take full advantage of the "Secure File Eraser" by ticking it in the "Tools"..

I "Customize" the "Scans" as well..

This setting of Vipre has always worked well for me.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks a bunch, I have most of that ticked already, I have the ad filtering enabled as well...i'll double check though :)

I

illumination

MRF71 said:
Thanks a bunch, I have most of that ticked already, I have the ad filtering enabled as well...i'll double check though :)

Your welcome.. Keep in mind you can adjust the Firewall Exceptions like Applications, Ports, Networks.. The application control is not as thorough as some programs, but still effective!

Hope this all helps.. Vipre is a powerful suite, and will keep you well protected.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For those newbie using Vipre, everything could be left on stock since its still effective also the HIPS does not have user interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.