Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Changelog:
----------------------

VirtualBox 6.0.6 (released April 17 2019)

This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:

• Virtualization core: nested AMD virtualization fixes
  • User interface: fixed copying directories in file manager
  • User interface: fixed operation progress in file manager when copying content
  • User interface: fixed operation progress when deleting snapshots
  • User interface: fixed unattended installation of recent Ubuntu guests
  • User interface: various additional improvements
  • Storage: fixed loading saved states for LsiLogic devices (6.0.0 regression; bug #18263)
  • Storage: fixed fixed reading certain QCOW2 images and support version 3 of the format readonly
  • Storage: Improved IDE PCI emulation to allow NetWare IDE drivers to use bus-mastering
  • Graphics: Improved VMSVGA support to work with old X servers which previously showed only a badly scrambled screen
  • Graphics: fixed invisible mouse cursor with VMSVGA emulation and without mouse integration (bug #18239)
  • Graphics: make EFI work with VMSVGA emulation (bug #18282)
  • Graphics: remember last guest screen size VMSVGA emulation
  • Graphics: fix RDP to guests using VMSVGA emulation
  • Graphics: various additional VMSVGA emulation fixes
  • Audio: implemented audio device enumeration for the DirectSound backend
  • Network: fixed unwanted padding bytes in Windows host adaptor network packets (bug #18202 and bug #18355)
  • Serial: fixed possible crash on Windows when using a host device (6.0.0 regression; bug #18319)
  • Serial: fixed loopback handling in the emulation causing garbage to be sent during boot with Linux guests (6.0.0 regression; bug #18319)
  • Shared folders: fixed duplicate folders after restoring a saved state (bug #18373 and other)
  • Drag and drop: fixed copying files from guest host (bug #18305)
  • Recording: fixed modifying settings via VBoxManage (bug #18494)
  • VBoxManage: crash fix (bug #18341)
  • Fixed hangs during failed virtual machine start-up
  • Windows host: fix unwanted wake-ups from standby (bug #18549)
  • Windows host: disallow Pause as a host key (bug #18482)
  • Linux host and guest: support Linux 5.0 and 5.1, thank you Valdis Kletnieks (see also bug #18515)
  • Linux host: support kernel 4.4.169 (bug #18315)
  • Linux host: fix logging when building Linux kernel modules (bug #18226)
  • Linux host: clarified building Linux host drivers with secure boot (bug #18312)
  • FreeBSD host: compilation fixes
  • Installers: reduced size of packages
  • Web services: work with Java 11
  • LibreSSL compilation fix, thank you Stefan Strogin
  • Windows guests: fixed running applications which use complex display topologies with WDDM driver, fixed Skype for Business hangs (bug #17092)
  • Windows guests: fixed an occasional guest crash with WDDM driver and VBoxSVGA adapter (bug #18369)
  • Windows guests: shared folder file creation detection issue (bug #9276)
  • Linux guests: shared folder performance and reliability improvements and missing features (bugs #17360, #819)
  • OS/2 guests: shared folder fixes (bug #18376 and bug #18379)

----------------------

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I uninstalled VMware on v1903 and switched to VirtualBox and only my host Linux uses VMware.
Is there a reason you prefer VB on Windows and VMware on Linux?
I am running VB on Linux, mainly because I like to run the guest maximized, and with VMware, I get this big thick panel at the top, it eats up too much screen space.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Is there a reason you prefer VB on Windows and VMware on Linux?
I am running VB on Linux, mainly because I like to run the guest maximized, and with VMware, I get this big thick panel at the top, it eats up too much screen space.
Because VMware doesn't work on v1903 aka 19H1 even after numerous requests from paid users they are not providing an update(I'm a free version user) and its buggy as hell. MSFT says to Hyper V instead, like hell HyperV is available on Home crap edition. So, Vbox was my natural option and guess what it uses Hyper V interface for Windows guests and KVM for linux guests.
Vmware On linux I simply hide the panel, otherwise I see huge banner taking away important info and screen space on FHD display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.