V

Vextor

Never got infected by one. That's why I cope with just McAfee

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly from long time before many viruses infected on this machine but I've never encounter with rootkit.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have had two different experiences with nasty versions of TDSS. My system survived both.

You ought to see my MBAM quarantine, lol. Yikes

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I don't think I've ever really experienced with a rootkit, I mean on the other PC, we most definitely were infected, just it was long time ago when I didn't have a clue what a rootkit is. I don't think I ever had one on my laptop though.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Just once on my old PC, When I was to say a "novice" user back then, I remember when I first installed my first AV, AVG Free it found a rootkit I remember its red bold words exactly.
But since then no infections what so ever.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.