New Update VoodooShield CyberLock 7.0

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Hey Guys!

We are working on slowly rebranding VoodooShield to CyberLock, and I was curious what you thought of the following domain names that were available.

Is there one that is better than the others?

cyberlock.digital
cyberlock.global
cyberlock.one
cyberlock.online
cyberlock.pro
cyberlock.works
cyberlock.world

Thank you,

Dan
Have you checked with a SEO/branding agency. Cyberlock.com and Cyber-lock.com already exist and have already indexed content.

The brand name Cyberlock seems to be popular names in digital access locks. New TLD's like global, online, pro tend to require extra digital marketing efforts when same brands with com exist.

Are you sure you sre rebranding to Cyberlock and not AI-cyberlock or Smart-Cyberlock to express the AI element of your solution.

Cyberlock is a functional brand name (contains a function association in the name). Why not make it full functional name and add the other characteristic element of VoodooShield (the AI engine and or Smart mode)?

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Hey Guys!

We are working on slowly rebranding VoodooShield to CyberLock, and I was curious what you thought of the following domain names that were available.

Is there one that is better than the others?

cyberlock.digital
cyberlock.global
cyberlock.one
cyberlock.online
cyberlock.pro
cyberlock.works
cyberlock.world

Thank you,

Dan

Fortnox.xyz​

• HaHa
Reactions: danb and Oldie1950

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

Thank you to everyone who posted or emailed their vote, you really helped a lot! It was very close, but the winner was cyberlock.global, and cyberlock.one was a close second. So we are going to start with .global and probably do something cool on .one at some point.

Here is the first version of CyberLock. Obviously there were TONS of branding changes, and there are a couple of small tweaks as well.

You should be able to upgrade from VS to CyberLock, and everything should work perfectly and it should transfer your settings and logs, then uninstall VS. At the end of the upgrade, it will ask if you want to delete your settings and logs. You might want to click NO to this prompt, just in case something odd happens and you need to go back to VS temporarily.

CyberLock 7.43
Wrong SHA-256: 7f7223e5d4bdb4e0620b13d1b299ee654fcf4c207b71ba9c992d286943856991
Correct SHA-256: aed1ca9e63fcae45292a4e33becd8cbf812d521c65572737dbcb9457227e0f2b

Have a great weekend, thanks again!

Thank you,

Dan

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
BTW, it looks like BD has a FP for CyberLockService. I will report it to them after I take Gracie to the park. Have a great weekend!

bitdefenderFP.PNG

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
+1
No problems on my end either 👌

Will there also be an updated logo? @danb
Very cool, thank you guys for letting me know! We had one report of CyberLock not registering automatically after the upgrade, but it did register manually.

If the registration does not happen automatically for anyone else, please let me know!

As far as the logo goes... we might change it at some point, but not anytime soon. We want to keep a touch of VS ;). It would be ideal to have some kind of logo that displays a lock that is locked and then unlocked, but it is very difficult to make it look right. But yeah, at some point we might change the logo. On the current logo, it was actually hand drawn, pixel by pixel on a 50 x 50 pixel image. It was the only way I could get the desktop shield gadget to look okay. So I spent about 50-100 hours on it back in the day, so if we never replace it, that is fine with me ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
BTW, ALL VS licenses are automatically transferred to CyberLock. There should not be any issues with the licenses, but if something odd comes up, please let me know and I will fix it.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I uninstalled VS just fine, and cyberlock installed just as I'd expect it to. There were not any issues I could see. However, I'd like to make a couple requests related to the creation of firewall rules for whitelistcloud objects. You have the option to create firewall rules for not safe items. But it's not specified whether those rules would be allow or block rules. Common sense says the latter, still it would be nice if it was said. Also, could those created rules be assigned a group? The firewall I use secures the rules, forcing the deleting of rules not listed in the allowed groups (which is editable). Currently, rules CL creates have no group and are then automatically deleted.

2023-04-14_15h28_58.png

Thanks as always @danb! As always your doggo avatar made today just a little better.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I uninstalled VS just fine, and cyberlock installed just as I'd expect it to. There were not any issues I could see. However, I'd like to make a couple requests related to the creation of firewall rules for whitelistcloud objects. You have the option to create firewall rules for not safe items. But it's not specified whether those rules would be allow or block rules. Common sense says the latter, still it would be nice if it was said. Also, could those created rules be assigned a group? The firewall I use secures the rules, forcing the deleting of rules not listed in the allowed groups (which is editable). Currently, rules CL creates have no group and are then automatically deleted.

View attachment 274545

Thanks as always @danb! As always your doggo avatar made today just a little better.
Thank you for the suggestions! Yeah, they are Block rules. Where would be a good place to add that info?

We can certainly look at adding groups as well, thank you!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I DL'd InstallCyberLock.exe and it has a differrent hash, also blocked by ESET which sent it for analysis, and just returned clean. DL'd CL to a different pc, so cannot easily copy & paste the 256 hash that I got...?? Clean with a different hash is still problematic for me. :unsure:
PS also it did not update from VS which says 7.42 is current on my pc (assuming it would auto-update)

Reactions: danb

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I DL'd InstallCyberLock.exe and it has a differrent hash, also blocked by ESET which sent it for analysis, and just returned clean. DL'd CL to a different pc, so cannot easily copy & paste the 256 hash that I got...?? Clean with a different hash is still problematic for me. :unsure:
PS also it did not update from VS which says 7.42 is current on my pc (assuming it would auto-update)
Oops, sorry, the correct SHA-256 hash is: aed1ca9e63fcae45292a4e33becd8cbf812d521c65572737dbcb9457227e0f2b

The wrong hash I posted earlier was from InstallVoodooShield.exe 7.42 (7f7223e5d4bdb4e0620b13d1b299ee654fcf4c207b71ba9c992d286943856991)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
So far version 7.43 is running great.

Had to disable the Microsoft Edge policy about startup boost.

Added the new Outlook beta (olk.exe) to web apps.

1681539172743.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.