askmark

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Hi

I've just noticed that if I launch a program from a UNC path e.g. "\\server\shares\program.exe" then VoodoosShield does not execute it. No block message, no notification of any kind.

Now the strange thing is, as soon as you exit VS, the process will actually execute. It's as if VS has stalled the execution of the program and only releases it when VS closes.

Can anyone using VS please test if the same behavior is repeated on their system?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hi

I've just noticed that if I launch a program from a UNC path e.g. "\\server\shares\program.exe" then VoodoosShield does not execute it. No block message, no notification of any kind.

Now the strange thing is, as soon as you exit VS, the process will actually execute. It's as if VS has stalled the execution of the program and only releases it when VS closes.

Can anyone using VS please test if the same behavior is repeated on their system?
Thats a result of the VoodooShield freeze, go to Task manager when this happens and find the VS.exe process and select to re-start it, not the service, just the exe.
It can be done in Process Lasso as well

askmark

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Thats a result of the VoodooShield freeze, go to Task manager when this happens and find the VS.exe process and select to re-start it, not the service, just the exe.
It can be done in Process Lasso as well

You'd think, but VS hasn't frozen, the menu is active and all other processes I run or the system runs are blocked or allowed as normal, with notification popups when necessary.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You'd think, but VS hasn't frozen, the menu is active and all other processes I run or the system runs are blocked or allowed as normal, with notification popups when necessary.
Drop in over at Wilders and let Dan know, provide him with SS and such, the more you provide him the quicker he will fix it,
but your no noob you know this. I would love to help you but I suspect its born of that spacific area.
I cant accurately help from that area but I guarantee Dan can, tell em CyberGhosT said Hi :)

askmark

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Drop in over at Wilders and let Dan know, provide him with SS and such, the more you provide him the quicker he will fix it,
but your no noob you know this. I would love to help you but I suspect its born of that spacific area.
I cant accurately help from that area but I guarantee Dan can, tell em CyberGhosT said Hi :)

Thanks for the advice @_CyberGhosT_. I was planning to report to him, but just wanted to check if mine was an isolated case or not.

I've since checked through my VS logs and it appears I've run programs successfully from UNC paths but not since using the current beta (3.38)
I' m going to try the previous beta and see if the problem goes away.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the advice @_CyberGhosT_. I was planning to report to him, but just wanted to check if mine was an isolated case or not.

I've since checked through my VS logs and it appears I've run programs successfully from UNC paths but not since using the current beta (3.38)
I' m going to try the previous beta and see if the problem goes away.
Awesome, but please for the good it will do, let Dan know.
Thanks Mark :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016

@_CyberGhosT_ is right on the ball with this remark! dan is allways very helpfull and keen on solving problems asap! it is a vey good suggestion to start and inquire your problem there or ask your question directly to cusomer support : VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.

askmark

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.