Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
you said " OK " to my post so i guess i will have to wait till you get your masters from vpn college which in your case will take an eternity.

grapes :D are :D sour, coming to think of it i wonder why i wasted most of my day on a thread which no one else bothered to participate in.
FYI, I just installed OPERA

When I select US server the IP changes to a US address and the DNS addresses showed 74.xxx & 173.xx....a total of 83 servers. ALL belong to Google

When I select Netherlands server the IP changes to a Netherlands address and the DNS addresses showed 173.194xx....a total of 66 servers in Netherlands. ALL belong to Google

When I select Singapore server the IP changes to a Singapore address and the DNS addresses showed 74.125.xx and 172.217.xx....a total of 38 servers in Singapore and US. ALL belong to Google

What are you trying to bluff here?

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
what is there to bluff? all the stuff you just wrote i have already posted that in post # 2, go back & check. so what did you discover, zilch?

i tried three browsers for the leak test, but you are only harping on opera & that too because i told you so or else you would not have known.

do you know which vpn i use? no, there too you are clueless again. you just will not accept it that your vpn sucks & your browser is jacked.

am amazed how insecure & paranoid you are about this. you actually installed opera to check what i told you, makes your fears obvious.

please come back with a solid rationale to defend your sorry self. also while you are at it get better paid vpn & quit being a freeloader.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
My desktop Windscribe VPN is now connecting to US and doileak.com shows

DNS Request Source:

We did get DNS requests from the following IPs:
74.125.80.76: Google (15169), United States (NA) (Leak?)

When I connect to Netherlands doileak.com shows

We did get DNS requests from the following IPs:
173.194.169.11: Google (15169), United States (NA) (Leak?)
173.194.170.104: Google (15169), United States (NA) (Leak?)

Can you see the DNS address of 74.xxx and 173.xxx which belong to Google which also shows in my post #5 above in the link to Google's block DNS addresses

Have you tested your VPN connecting to US and see?

I just tested at ipleak & doileak and I get 1 dns server which is secure anonymous and not google. :D

Reactions: HarborFront

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I just tested at ipleak & doileak and I get 1 dns server which is secure anonymous and not google. :D
Agree. I supposed it depends on what VPN provider you are using. Windscribe(and Opera's VPN too) likely using Google DNS servers because I just tested ZorroVPN and I'm not getting any Google DNS servers when connecting to different countries.

It's ok if a VPN provider uses Google servers. Like I mentioned in my OP how do you ensure the VPN provider is not redirecting the DNS queries directly to Google DNS severs or proxying them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.