Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Earth said:
How is Windows 8.1 compared to Windows 8.0 running for you? Were there many Windows Updates after upgrading?

It's faster than Windows 8.0,i like metro now :D
Games are runing normal.

/Update

Removed:LastPass(replaced with StickyPassword Pro) and HTTPS Everywhere had some problem with disconnect.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Disconnect has WiFi security, that could be causing problems.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I have error,it say that Disconnect changed link to HTTPS before HTTPS Everywhere so HTTPS Everywhere can't change it to HTTPS.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What did you think of the Battlefield 4 beta? Good game? Will you be buying it?

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Earth said:
What did you think of the Battlefield 4 beta? Good game? Will you be buying it?

I like game it's okey,very balanced it's almost impossible to rape,on BF 3 90% of games are just rape.I just don't like that modernized weapons.Graphic is almost same like on BF3 maybe only better contrast. I will probably buy it if i will get some money.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
/Update

I had to go back to Win 7 because of bad performance in BF 3.
Changed a lot of stuff :)

I can update my OS to Ultimate but i think i don't need it.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
/Update

Windows 8.1 is tweaked,spent 3-4 hours for tweaking.

Im looking for good backup program,any suggestions ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could try Windows Backup, but I hear that's quite slow. Macrium Reflect (free) is one I've used, but considering I don't do System Image restoration, there wasn't much use for it, but a good program nevertheless. On Windows 8 I did find the Refresh / Reset more useful than System Image restoring. Also I don't use paid software, so re-installing freeware is no issue.

For Data backup, W8.1 has better integration with SkyDrive, so that could be a viable option. Larger files, an external HDD or USB drive.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What Privacy risk? Use it with Boxcryptor.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Why don´t you try the new developper Chrome Browser: SR Ware Ion.

You can try Nightly of Mozzila and exists as Metro app 8.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I won't use Chrome,tried Nightly i like it .I can't install boxcryptor it says CBFS error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.