Guide | How To WannaCry Google Dork

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Retality

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2017
So despite all of the chaos going on with the WannaCry ransom ware, you can actually use a simple Google Dork to search for websites affected by the ransom ware. Although I haven't tested the websites yet, I can tell you that the robots.txt' of the websites have become either unresponsive or just ruined completely.

Here's a screenshot of an example of what I searched earlier on.
rzkyny.PNG

Here's the Google Dork for anyone interested in testing it out:

intitle:"index of" "@Please_Read_Me@.txt"

P.S. Use common sense and don't touch any of these websites unless you're running under a virtual machine closed off from your host machine. Turn off the SMB protocol on your host machine just to prevent it from spreading.

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Technically the Google Dorks are comparable to specific queries that we can ask the search engine to get what we want.

Well, in this case, the request is a bit unusual and I would add: those who want to open these links should also use a good VPN to prevent your real IP from being prosecuted for not good intentions or even worse, blacklisted from your ISP.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Thanks, the first page had, what I was looking for, a live sample, it ended up as expected, nothing happened once run. I post screens on my security setup.

Retality

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2017
Technically the Google Dorks are comparable to specific queries that we can ask the search engine to get what we want.

Well, in this case, the request is a bit unusual and I would add: those who want to open these links should also use a good VPN to prevent your real IP from being prosecuted for not good intentions or even worse, blacklisted from your ISP.

EDIT: I removed my request.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Here's the Google Dork for anyone interested in testing it out:

intitle:"index of" "@Please_Read_Me@.txt"

It seems Google doesn't like above search parameters :D After copying and pasting it I got a list of affected sites. Then I wanted to use Google again and got this:

46hqwxX.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.