Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I have been redirected several times to analog web page (yesterday and today) when pasting to Vivaldi's Browser some links of sample files host website.

There is also a vocal message with this screen.

If you see the same, DON'T TRUST WHAT THEY SAY : It's a completely false information, you only have to close the new tab created on your browser.

And don't make a call !

=> Social Engineering

:)

Quick analysis

false warning.jpg

Here details :

https://malwaretips.com/threads/warning-false-threat-detected-phone-number-scam.61208/#post-521610

https://malwaretips.com/threads/warning-false-threat-detected-phone-number-scam.61208/#post-526706

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I have been redirected several time to this web page (yesterday and today) when pasting sample links on Vivaldi's Browser.

There is also a vocal message with this screen.

If you seen the same, DON'T TRUST WHAT THEY SAY : It's a completely false information, you only have to close the new tab created on your browser.

And don't make a call !

:)

View attachment 107709
@DardiM Can you please put the link here in hxxp form?

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
hxxp://probleme-navigateur-mg25yp1761.fr?cid=118&ec=IEVVW&v=2&pid=1322367&clid=15171095931467987376

But warning, it chain flood a message box :)

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
The site would seem clean from several programs. The very bad thing here : the phone number to make a call that would certainly cost a BIG amount of 'euro'. I know a lot of user able to believe this sort of information.

N.B. : The url on my screenshot (taken yesterday) is different than today.

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
The site would seem clean from several programs. The very bad thing here : the phone number to make a call that would certainly cost a BIG amount of 'euro'. I know a lot of user able to believe this sort of information.

N.B. : The url on my screenshot (taken yesterday) is different than today.
It is strange that AVs and products see it as clean

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
It is strange that AVs and products see it as clean
Because it's clean (from code) and the only bad part is the phone number :) (Social Engineering)
Not already reported url :)
The domain name isn't the same each time I've seen it
Only "probleme-navigateur-" are in all urls.

That's the aim of my thread, Warn people (even if I now that most people here
may not fall into the trap) :)

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
What is funny :
- the IP they said been mine => from INDIA ...(I'm from France :p )
- with Vivaldi and my setting, the spam message doesn't appear.
On IE11 => a message box is Spamming in a way that I can 't click to close the tab, close IE in a normal way, report the link. Had to Kill the Process and disable JavaScript before reporting the url :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Sometimes, when I'm bored, I do have some fun in actually calling the number as it is free! I even pretend to put in some fake passwords, addresses and debit card numbers into a txt file in order to entice them. It's funny seeing them on TeamViewer within an instant transferring the files over! :D

The amount of satisfaction I get watching them tear up a worthless operating system inside a VirtualBox because I know I'm stopping them from at least doing it so some innocent people who may fall for such scams.

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Sometimes, when I'm bored, I do have some fun in actually calling the number as it is free! I even pretend to put in some fake passwords, addresses and debit card numbers into a txt file in order to entice them. It's funny seeing them on TeamViewer within an instant transferring the files over! :D

The amount of satisfaction I get watching them tear up a worthless operating system inside a VirtualBox because I know I'm stopping them from at least doing it so some innocent people who may fall for such scams.
Depanding of the countrie. In France there are a lot of overtaxed phone number. One call => "IEA" it hurts :(
But the number used currently seems to be a "normal" number.

I looked inside to see the source : very simple :)
That why it can only be reported, but not detect as malware from the 'code only' point of view (but a real spammer if Javascript enabled :'( ).

(1)
<body onload="myFunction();" onclick="myFunction();" onkeydown="myFunction();" ,="" onunload="myFunction();" style="color:white;">
(2)
<script type="text/javascript">
// POPDSP JavaScript Document

var tollfree='01 78 90 46 88';
var hhref='http://google.com';
var m1='**** Ne pas redemarrer votre ordinateur **** \n\n Windows a détecté une altération des données, et virus. \n\nLes infections détectées indiquent plusieurs téléchargements récents sur l\'ordinateur qui ont ensuite créé d’autres erreurs sur l\'ordinateur.\n\nContactez le support technique au 01 78 90 46 88 et indiquez le code erreur suivaut au technicien afin de réparer : IEVVW.';
var m2=m1;

function myFunction() {
setInterval(function() {
alert(m1)
}, 1000);
alert(m2);
}

function rtclickcheck(keyp) {
if (navigator.appName == "Netscape" && keyp.which == 3) {
alert(m1);
}

if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") != -1 && event.button == 2) {
alert(m2);
}
}
document.onmousedown = rtclickcheck;

window.onbeforeunload = function() {
return m1;
};
var OSName = "Unknown OS";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win") != -1) OSName = "Windows";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") != -1) OSName = "MacOS";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("X11") != -1) OSName = "UNIX";
if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Linux") != -1) OSName = "Linux";
</script>

(3)
onclick="location.reload(true);"

(4)
image : base64 encoded

(5)
<audio autoplay="">
<source src="https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/lp-images-553/02fr_converted_med.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
</audio>

(6)
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
ga('create', 'UA-53771600-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview', '118_GA');
</script>

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Usually programs that are related to technical/phone support scam considered to be legitimate due to digital signature and no unusual behavior found.

There primary target is to lure you on some scenario for such transaction of cash.

DardiM

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I found from where it comes :

=> ......zippyshare.com
=> button "download now"

=> 104.154.237.93

Example :

104.154.237.93/Njc4OTcyMzI4Nz............NDEvMGo2M2xuaTl3aw== => base 64 encoded
(104.154.237.93/67897232874/67898555241/0............i9wk)

=> open new tab with random adds / scam / dangerous websites
(false online games, false java script to update message, the warning seen on the first post, etc...)

uses cookies to remember you, to avoid opening more than one time each bad website

=> 93.237.154.104.bc.googleusercontent.com :D

General IP Information
IP: 104.154.237.93
Decimal: 1754983773
Hostname: 93.237.154.104.bc.googleusercontent.com
ASN: 15169
ISP: Google Cloud
Organization: Google Cloud

General IP Information
IP: 93.237.154.104
Decimal: 1575852648
Hostname: p5ded9a68.dip0.t-ipconnect.de
ASN: 3320
ISP: Deutsche Telekom AG
Organization: Deutsche Telekom AG

The base domain name of googleusercontent.com clearly is what it says it is, “Google User Content” which is known to be connected to the Google App Engine “Platform as a Service” product. And that allows any user to create and deploy code in Python, Java, PHP & Go applications to their service.

=> Report suspected abuse on Google Cloud Platform - Google Developers Help

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.