Web Page Slider Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
The slider is really effective, especially for promotional information. I don't know if others will share similar novelty that I find in interesting (useless) little facts but I think the 'Tip' slide is a great idea and could be expanded a bit. I really enjoy short facts, interesting anecdotes, that sort of thing and seeing new ones keeps the content fresh.

If members are willing to contribute/submit some, maybe we could see more of them cycle through in the 'Tip' slide (as it does now, on each refresh). It could possibly even become an interactive element with members, where there could be a submission box and every so often (when good one's drop in to the box) an admin could add them into the refresh rotation.
(To clarify, I mean including the submissions into the rotation of the current single 'Tip' slide as it is at the moment, and not creating more slides so as to detract from the valuable real-estate of the other promotional slides).
Obviously, the 'Tips' would have to follow along in the same manner as the current one's and being relevant to forum topics. For example short historic facts or interesting misconceptions and thing of that nature.

I understand that there might be some moderation involved if members were making 'Tip' content submissions, but this could be minimized if needed... Possibly by allowing only specific members or just mods/admins to make submissions to the 'Tip Archive' which would gradually grow over time.

I hope I have explained myself okay. Just an idea to put out there anyway.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello Cain :)

Long time before MT has provided the tip feature about the things regarding on computer security and technology.

Also any members may submit their own tip feature prior on automatic edited for correctness of grammatical usage which also happened before.

Well not sure about the changes did here and why the tip feature removed.

Stay tuned for other replies. :)

Reactions: Cain
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.