Webroot 30-day Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webroot

Thread author
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Webroot will give you 30 days for free, and we won't make you give a credit card.

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/trials

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
RE: McAfee Internet Security 2013 for 1 year for 3 PCs

Webroot said:
Webroot will give you 30 days for free, and we won't make you give a credit card.

Can you give us 1 year for free?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
RE: McAfee Internet Security 2013 for 1 year for 3 PCs

Webroot said:

30 days is not long enough to fully test a product, sometimes a product will run excellent during the 30 day trial then after you buy it problems start to occur.

You don't get a full picture until you have at least 90 days to test it a product.

Thanks. :D

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Nedim said:
Webroot said:

Can you give us 1 year for free?

WHY DID I ONLY GET 14 DAYS!!! I was not at all sure I could make a purchase decision in that small time frame, especially given the problems noted on the previous thread. As you will note, all over these forums, most people think a minimum of 90 days is required to really test a product. My trial is half over and I am not yet committed. Though I am not one to shy from payment if I clearly know what I'm getting. Again, there is ample evidence of that around the boards as well. People here do listen well to their peers, that's why we are here. Cheers, Jennifer

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have to agree that at least 90 days is required to evaluate a product for purchase.
Personally any product that asked for a credit card for a trial evaluation I would immediately pass on.
I can't remember a 30 day security software trial {especially the big companies} that ever asked for a credit card.
"we won't make you give a credit card" is therefore no incentive for a trial evaluation especially one for 30 days.

Don't take offense this is just my personal opinion,as the only time I am giving out my credit card is for a purchase.Appreciate the offer,as it is a very good product,but as others have stated 30 days is just not enough time.

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Webroot 30-day Trial, NO! 14 days ONLY!

3link9 said:
I thought webroot only gives you 14 days? (2 weeks)

Follow his link, clearly only 14 days. Webroot member needs to start giving the straight goods here. He, of all members should tell the webroot story straight up!

What is really sad about this on going thread is that I am thinking Webroot can see and destroy things file Assassin says it can not see or does not exist. I have been trying to give it a really good work out but I'm still not sure about the hanging issues, especially since I spent the whole day ferreting out old security files from days gone by. This machine, today is cleaner than its been since I last formatted the hard drive. I did it all manually because the programs that would do it on auto pilot seemed risky. Now there can not possibly be any conflicts to hang the start up or shut down!

And where is this "Webroot" member. He or she is not checking in on the thread they started nor responding to the other members concerns. The post was made and the poster gone AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.