Webroot alongside comodo internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
Hi guys of beloved comunity as i say ou and i am dont presuntous i have a new flamant computer and i want the best security now i install comodo internet security and the new relese was pretty ligth, very good perfomance etc. I have a cuestion i have the luck to win a webroot licence for 1.5 years and i like that software capabilities of desinfection but i know it have some troubles whith comodo. I dont know if this the correct place to post there but whats the rigth way to use that software alongside i see webroot promotes is compatible whith every security software, but have to add exclusions. I know how to ad exclusions (I supouse maybe i know something) but i want you tell me your experiences and tips and configurations and if its not posible dont install webroot its a clean windows install good bless you happy weekend and sorry for make two threats similary but toolwiz dont work for my sandboxing needs i need something like shadow defender but i cant buy and comodo sandbox virtual kiosk are very confortable

Reactions: Ink

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
Hey Bro the main problem are i need virtual kiosk or roll back X or shadow defender. I need a ligth vritualization software i try toolwiz time freeze bu was bypassed. I explain the situation oi work as a teacher in a school, i am home user. I need a very speed machine. I work and studie in a social research center and they give us software who are suspicious expensive they give us for free. I dont pretend be hostile but do you thin some one cames to your home give you 4500 usd in software and pay you 1500 usd mothly only for studie. I see the product pages and they say dont exist that licences whith activation embebed. I dont defend piracy i hate piracy but in hte goverment and schools the computer guy always instal it and i think that are malicious pirate and bad apps i say you that because i see changues in drive letters on my friends computers i see another things horrible like autoruns i see files who dispears and computers who dont start up and they give that to use, to work in home, not have an alternative free. That softwares are maxqda, in vivo, atlas ti. If they ask to you to use you have to use, they dont care your machine they dont pay to fix it and because i need a snapshotting software who dont conflicts whith my system recovery on my pc or a virtualization software very ligth like comodo virtual kiosk, shadow defender and rollback rx, obviously i donthave money and decide for comodo you understand my, sorry its a personal problem who makes an informatic problem

D

Deleted member 178

Comodo Firewall is same as Comodo IS but without the AV; you will still have sandbox and full virtualization.

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
umbra you are beautiful thanks and thanks and i can not say more thanks you gives me a perfect somution i cent you

i figth whith cómodo guys because they are try to sellling me a país suscription and tells tour sugest not are posible and can produce conflicts i check my cis installer and i see can install fw alone i do it but to elude conflicts i modifocate sevwral things
1 i desactive all include fw hips behavior shield and all
1 delete all rulwsets in every place fw and hips.
3 delete all list of tristes Apps and virtual
4 delete all cómodo protected things on hips am uncheck every thing except vkiosk

i do that to elude conflicts i trust on webroot fw módem whith windos fw and process monitor

now i have webroot Windows fw qnd winpatrol plus the computer runs smothly and whitout problema Or alerta and the v kiosk Works well and don bypassed by those Apps from research center i am happy thanks to You

h

D

Deleted member 178

glad you are happy ;)

so basically you just use the Firewall part of Comodo Firewall (no HIPS, No BB)?

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
i understand but cómodo protecs somethings and webroot have better integration whith Windows fw thanks bro i have a Windows cuestión but i dont know of post here Or in another test is something litle

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
i understand but cómodo protecs somethings and webroot have better integration whith Windows fw thanks bro i have a Windows cuestión but i dont know of post here Or in another test is something litle

First off, it's important to understand that the WSA firewall works differently than a traditional firewall in that it works together with the Windows firewall, functioning as the outbound component while the Windows firewall takes care of the inbound traffic. More specifically, it blocks malicious data traffic coming onto your computer. Basically, when both are turned on, they work in tandem to monitor data traffic coming in and out of your computer ports, looking for untrusted process that try to connect to the internet. The result is an intelligent and hassle-free firewall that unintrusively performs in the background, letting our powerful antivirus work it's magic and only steps in if it misses something.

Windows 8 presents certain technological limitations to our current firewall implementation and we are evaluating our options in light of those limitations. The operating system itself is locked down in certain respects that limit what third-party firewalls are capable of, which is why you don't see some of the features in Windows 8 that you would otherwise see in older versions of Windows.

The Webroot SecureAnywhere firewall and software is compatible with any other antivirus or firewall application, so you should have no problem running our software alongside your other antivirus/firewall. While it is possible for another antivirus or firewall application to interfere with WSA, no part of Webroot should interfere with other firewalls as WSA is built to recognize and co-exist with other legitimate antivirus/firewall applications. Running the Windows firewall alongside our program is recommended and sufficient because the Windows firewall is effective against hostile inbound connections, whereas SecureAnywhere provides effective outbound protection.

Reactions: ams963 and Venustus

aktiffisus

Thread author
Apr 6, 2014
i know and know cómodo are more complex because hace outbound and inbound and i worried conflict webroot outbound monitor i will asi another thing but let me open other threat and go to my pc

D

Deleted member 178

if webroot is alone: Windows will you will use Windows Firewall + webroot outbound fature
if Webroot is with Comodo Firewall: Windows will use mostly Comodo Firewall

Reactions: Venustus
D

Deleted member 178

i mean, if you have Comodo Firewall installed; Comodo will be your main firewall; Windows Firewall + Webroot may activate only if comodo Firewall miss a unknown outbound connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.