Webroot blocking page on MalwareTips ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rocky

Thread author
I don't believe this page is a threat to my computer security.

hxxp://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-secureanywhere-v8-0-6-44-free-for-hsbc-customers.40463/page-2

Looks to me like they are running their own agenda under the pretense of security. I was browsing everything Webroot I could find before buying and glad I did.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

hxxp://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-secureanywhere-v8-0-6-44-free-for-hsbc-customers.40463/page-2

Looks to me like they are running their own agenda under the pretense of security. I was browsing everything Webroot I could find before buying and glad I did.
Likely, because of not a legitimate giveaway))
:D

R

rocky

Thread author
Blocking a page as a threat to my security on this forum? I understand the problem and can sympathize with it. The solution takes me back to what I was using.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015

You do know you can get an extended trial before buying right?

There has been often than not legit websites blocked temporarily by security solutions until these have been reported as FP.

McAfee had several in the past, even ESET had it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Typically it happens where the link that contains for redirection is known to be malicious cause it happen to me on those rare case especially in Google searching without going to any links.

Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.