Webroot SecureAnywhere is officially released

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Bone

May 28, 2011
The 3 PC only offer is a huge mistake. Not all of us need multiple PC's.

D

Deleted member 178

luckily i can still use my closed beta version for 1 year :D, it will updated more often than the official release.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Their started price rates were bit heavy for the pocket. If its one PC for one year (in two other products) the price would make different.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
You can use the beta serial on the final version and instead of 30 days trial you have 86-90 days to use it !

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was about to install this, until I realised I had deleted that email (during the Beta session).

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
I was about to install this, until I realised I had deleted that email (during the Beta session).

check your PM, link to latest closed beta version.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Quick assessment of Webroot SecureAnywhere - MRG Effitas

Webroots’ latest security product “SecureAnywhere” was released yesterday. It uses technology gained from their acquisition of Prevx so is a departure from their previous offerings.

We have received several requests from Prevx users that we run a quick test of the new product. Due to workload we have only had time to test the anti-logging / browser security component, but will assess its antimalware capabilities in a few days time.

Download report

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
PassMark Performance Benchmark - Webroot SecureAnywhere vs Antivirus Competitors PDF Link

Performance comparison [WRSA Complete 2012 Product Page]:

wrsaperformance.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well when it comes for detection isn't the best at all but surely it can be time to time be improve.

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
Is the new webroot good on its own as a standalone anti virus or should it be run alongside another av eg eset avira

D

Deleted member 178

you can use it as a standalone, the detection rate is not perfect like older apps but it can protect you enough, unless you have a very risky surfing habit. if you are paranoid you can run it alongside Avira, there is no problem.

check my review: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Webroot-Secure-Anywhere-Complete-Review

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
Running it along side Eset Smart Security so far a very fast pc:) Webroot was only 15 bucks for 3 pcs for 3 years a great second layer i think

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
I was a beta tester for it and to be honest it was pretty good at detected new malware, it wiped out my whole malware collection once while I was sleeping :p

It has been pretty light but I have never got around to testing it lately. From what I heard over from Wilders they are working on getting a one pc license out soon this is just a start of a turn around at Webroot that made some pretty good buyouts lately (Prevx for Anti-Malware and BrightCloud for Webfilters) and they seem to be making good changes. Now they just gotta merge on the pieces into one product and this is a good start.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I installed version 8.0.2.118 for 180 days and fine taste for protecting the pc without consuming RAM. I also found amazing COMODO and bad ESET antivirus and not advise.
I got this license by MALWARETPS. Thanks and good job.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Ibrad said:
I was a beta tester for it and to be honest it was pretty good at detected new malware, it wiped out my whole malware collection once while I was sleeping :p

It has been pretty light but I have never got around to testing it lately. From what I heard over from Wilders they are working on getting a one pc license out soon this is just a start of a turn around at Webroot that made some pretty good buyouts lately (Prevx for Anti-Malware and BrightCloud for Webfilters) and they seem to be making good changes. Now they just gotta merge on the pieces into one product and this is a good start.

This is what i've been telling people its needs time to its job. Bombarding WSA with test samples isn't an affective way to see it works. It seems you're the only to notice this.

:D

D

Deleted member 178

bitbizket said:
This is what i've been telling people its needs time to its job. Bombarding WSA with test samples isn't an affective way to see it works. It seems you're the only to notice this.

i also keep repeating that WSA is a prevention-focused solution; most people think that detection is important, i rather prefer prevention. it is why i liked CIs, EIS, WSA and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.