websites to check other websites reputation?

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
More specifically websites like scamadviser or scamanalyze.

Do these websites work properly? Are they reputable themselves? And if so which are recommended?

Thanks.

Reactions: Dirk41
W

Wave

VirusTotal is good for checking if a URL is detected by an AV engine however you'll need to remember that the AV engines submitted to VT are not always identical to the ones published in the actual software and therefore the detection rates may be either more aggressive or weaker, depends on the vendor.

You can also use services like Whois and URLVoid as suggested above already.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Generally I just rely on me thinking before I click and then it goes to my filters in uBlock Origin and uMatrix. If I'm really suspicious, I'll put the link into VirusTotal before opening it (I rarely have to do this one).

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
There are several online services that can do what you want.
Besides those ones previously mentioned, you can also use check for malware incidents at AVG Threat Labs.
But it turns out that even reputable sites (like Facebook, Google, Blogger etc) may occasionally host malware or have other issues. So if you want to have an overview of the reputation of a website, you can check it out using Web of Trust
This one collects data from Internet users which decide on websites reputation. They have extensions for browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.