Advice Request Weird ads on Youtube.com?!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

V

viel

Thread author
Hello,
I am just wondering why and where do those Date Thai Women or Lose weight fast! or even Ellen's darkest secret youtube popups on the right side come from? I scan my PC with AVIRA and Malwarebytes.. I do not know why.. :(

Thanks

V

viel

Thread author

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
What is Mian youtube services? and why would these ads come up in the first place?
Thanks.
It's hard to understand what ads you are talking about, a screenshot of the issue would help. But ads on youtube are normal unless there are popups on the page. For the normal ads an adblocker should deal with them, but if its an adware infection you're dealing with then you may need to run a few more scans.
Here's a DIY tutorial for cleaning your computer How to easily clean an infected computer (Malware Removal Guide)
But don't hesitate to make a post in Malware Removal Assistance as the people over there can help you more than I can.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
If you have a gmail account go to its settings and look at personal ads. Going on certain sites can turn on weird ads. Not using an adblocker can help with patience while supporting content creators so think wisely..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't think so it's purely a malicious, the advertisements are uncontrollable on which content will be display considering the server and location, but of course it's undergone with screening to avoid malicious ones.

Better yet add adblocker instead, I've always struck advertisement related on dating in usual website but fortunately no serious issue occurred.

Staunch

Level 1
Jun 22, 2017
you need to be sour what is it if is this an adware just download an youtube adblocker or adblocker or this is a Browser hijacking (i think is not ). i need to find what hijacking you have got :).

DrakeSilverton

Jan 8, 2019
sorry for undigging an old thread but i seem to have the same problem. The thing is, ads that display look like they were "from outside", they appear regardless of adblock, often where clip description should be and eat up a truckload of ram slowing down the whole page and browser. They also alter google search results making first couple results some fishy ad links, often in Russian. Scanned pc with malwarebytes, ran ccleaner, removed undesired software and add-ons, heck i even reinstalled firefox and checked for any suspicious launching instructions. Nothing helped. I hope someone finds a solution because so far this whole thread is a bunch of obvious answers that anyone would try before asking on a forum. Here are some screenshots:
1546998967748.png

1546999009334.png

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Doesn't sounds like youtube would approve of these ads, you might wanna do a complete scan with malwarebytes (usually very good at finding adware/PUP)

Also you should look at your installed extensions to see if any of them are new or something you don't remember installing, could be hijacking your webpages and giving you malicious ads

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
What software have you installed recently?

You could download Norton Power Eraser and adwCleaner, post the results here and see what happens. If nothing is detected you can simply ask MWTs resident malware removal expert for help.

Reason why I stated NPE is because the software has more of an aggressive action of scanning compared to your regular on demand scanners. Heck you could even try Zemana. AdwCleaner would be for any PUP or adware present (if found) .

Hope you find a solution.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.