Infected device issues
Unidentified app
Steps taken to remove the infection
I haven’t done anything.

ismailelfa

Thread author
Dec 27, 2021
Hello,

A new weird app appeared on my iphone home screen out of nowhere. I found it in downloading mode but I resume the process. I never installed it. I tried to search on it in App Store but couldn’t find such an app or even in my App Library.

The app name is ShutterSounds. Should I worry about this?

Attached you’ll see the app name and icon as it appear on my phone.

Thanks.

Attachments

• F84AA982-3436-4309-AC71-54AEE7D649B5.jpeg
    F84AA982-3436-4309-AC71-54AEE7D649B5.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 2EA20CBE-1791-4777-AF20-A59CADCE0C99.jpeg
    2EA20CBE-1791-4777-AF20-A59CADCE0C99.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 171

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hello,

A new weird app appeared on my iphone home screen out of nowhere. I found it in downloading mode but I resume the process. I never installed it. I tried to search on it in App Store but couldn’t find such an app or even in my App Library.

Thanks.
I don't use iphone but could it be this?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hello,

Thanks.

In case you haven't already done, better going to delete this app! No need to worry if nothing suspicious happens on your iphone.

ismailelfa

Thread author
Dec 27, 2021
In case you haven't already done, better going to delete this app! No need to worry if nothing suspicious happens on your iphone.
I removed the app right after I posted this thread. Actually, something happened that I never experienced.

My iPhone made a phone call out of nowhere. This happened twice (once before the app appeared and another time after I removed it). The first time, the screen was even turned off and I didn’t make any command to Siri (Hey Siri is turned off btw). Is this common or I should consider this suspicious?

I don't use iphone but could it be this?
I’m not sure, as the app was in downloading mode and the app icon didn’t appear. However, I tried to search for this app in the app store and it seems, it doesn’t exist. At least in my country’s app store.

• Wow
Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.