Thread author
May 12, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Very slow Internet connection
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reseting the router settings
Improving WiFi password strenth
Using Mac filter
Hello.. I dunno if it's even a problem.. But I'll explain.. I've been facing a really slow Internet connection.. So I intended to check the router settings and info to see who is active and using my WiFi network.. But everything is just as it should be.. But sometimes something really weird happens.. When I insert 192.168.1.1 to go to the settings page.. I get redirected to another router settings page.. It's tells info that doesn't match my router hardware specs.. 4 ex: it tells that the router is 150mps although it's 300mps.. And doesn't take the password that I've set for access control.. .
Btw I used Mac filter to limit the devices.. And the info page shows that only the selected devices can access the network.. But I've tried wifikill Android app.. And it shows that more than 27 devices are online... So I'm very confused now

Reactions: LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello :)

Slow internet may due to the preffered MBPS speed. What is your actual internet speed? Sometimes its a problem for your ISP.

If you will test like from Speedtest then a dramatic reduce of speed should be observe,

Reactions: LabZero
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does your Router use WPA2 as security? Change your Wi-Fi password, do not use the default one on router, or add an extra character (ex: * # @)

You could always reset your router and then re-enter the allowed devices.

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Temporarily disable the WIFI connection and connect the cable modem to the PC.
You can see if the problem is due to unauthorized access to the WIFI network.
Useful a firmware update and the previous tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.