What Anti-Virus should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I am looking for a good free Anti-Virus to use... anyone have some good suggestions?

H

hjlbx

Best free antivirus:

• Avira free
  • BitDefender free

Avira works best on my AMD W8.1 system whereas BD free works best on my Intel W8.1 system.

Best free complete internet security suite:

• Comodo Internet Security

CIS works well on both my systems.

My suggestions are based upon my own experiences using the actual programs recommended. These have proven to provide a solid, respectable baseline security with the least amount of problems, quirks or issues.

Really, when it comes to a complete freeware internet security suite that includes a firewall, there really are no alternatives to Comodo - except perhaps Fortinet's FortiClient. FortiClient has had a mixed review history and I do not know anyone who uses it.

NOTE:

Follow the guides here at MT on how to configure Comodo - otherwise you might think it is messing up your system when, in fact, it is working as intended. It takes some time and effort - and a high frustration tolerance - to get used to. Once you learn how to use it, it is quite capable.

Qihoo is worth looking into as well... but honestly, I've never bothered with it - so I can't comment on it - let alone recommend it. Others that have used it hold it in high regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.