what are the possible consequences of using eset antivirus with emisisoft internet security?

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Eset antivirus 9 with emisisft intenert security 11 what are the possible conflicts and why? Not just because someone back in 1992 said not to.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Software my give false positives in regarding each other. Abnormally slow system. I would choose only one like ESET or at most use Emispft for malware detection and ESET viruses.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
ESET isn't design to run with another antimalware/antivirus solution.

Best recommendation is to choose either ESET or Emsisoft.

However if for some reason you really to use both, then the only alternative would be to combine
ESET Smart(or NOD32) + Emsisoft Antimalware(plus some tweaks like file exclusions between both solutions and switch Emsisoft file guard to "fast")

This is because in the past Emsisoft Antimalware was considered compatible with other antivirus/antimalware. Though that is no longer that case. Currently Emsisoft doesn't recommend using their software with another antivirus/antimalware so possible issues can occur despite the tweaks above.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Generally is it not advisable to run two main AV in one system. Alot of things might happen.
Both ESET and Emsisoft are considered main AV nowadays I think.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It does not necessarily mean when Emsisoft can be use as companion based AV will work for many; beware on some crucial drivers that can kill the behavior of system instantly.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Unnecessary to run two real time malware programs at once. If you want to go the paranoid route, use either and bundle one with a good anti-exe. Personally, I would just use one and layer it with Ad-blockers and up-to-date software (Windows 10, Patch my PC).

I personally don't use signature/behavior based real time malware software anymore. I only use ant-exes.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
If you want both brands, better choose ESS with EAM, not EAV with EIS.

A knowledgable man named itman of Wilders run ESET Smart Security with Emsisoft AntiMalware with no problems. Of course, exclusions with each other is highly recommended. Also, itman changed EAM's real-time protection to "Fast" rather than the default setting to avoid, according to him, any possible conflict.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.