Advice Request What are your thoughts on Tunnelbear? Is it good and safe to use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I am looking for a good VPN to use. One that will not drastically slow down the speed and specially will not log my activity. Any suggestions are welcome. I am thinking about Tunnelbear since I have heard a lot of positive feedback about it.

Reactions: Andrew999 and given

Jimbo791

Level 2
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
Windscribe is a good safe VPN but does not work with BBC or net flix
Tigervpn read the PP and then decide what you want
Fastestvpn
Last time I tried it several weeks ago, massive DNS leak, started a new version that had malware in the down load file,
file: fastestvpn_v1.1.5.5.exe
Reasion suspicious W32/malware
I understand this might be a false positive, but still.

Reactions: given and Wraith

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am looking for a good VPN to use. One that will not drastically slow down the speed and specially will not log my activity. Any suggestions are welcome. I am thinking about Tunnelbear since I have heard a lot of positive feedback about it.
I only use their TunnelBear Blocker on Chrome, so cannot say about their VPN services. However, I would wait and see what McAfee decides to do with their acquisition. As far as I know, nothing has been said,

FYI, TunnelBear is now part of McAfee - More Information.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I think there are definitely better choices out there, maybe check out CyberGhost

Reactions: Wraith

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
I think there are definitely better choices out there, maybe check out CyberGhost
It's kind of meh. I'm currently using CG with 1 year premium and frankly you'd better off buying other VPN. The speed isn't consistent enough and the software feels bloated. The pros are it's able to bypass regional restricted contents and support P2P. To me personally it's just a mixed bag.

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I downloaded Windscribe and made an account. It's offering me 10GB of monthly data for free and that's great. So far I'm liking it. ;)

Reactions: given

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
It's kind of meh. I'm currently using CG with 1 year premium and frankly you'd better off buying other VPN. The speed isn't consistent enough and the software feels bloated. The pros are it's able to bypass regional restricted contents and support P2P. To me personally it's just a mixed bag.
Yeah, CyberGhost has lots of locations and seems pretty good, but the GUI feels very bloated in my opinion too.

Reactions: given

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014

it kinda depends which server you're using, for me I always use the "select my own server" function so that I always go back to the same server, speeds are good and consistent that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.