Question What browser extensions are you using that improve usability?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

Attachments

• capture_11212023_230551.jpg
    capture_11212023_230551.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 83

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I'm starting to question my use of Grammarly. In watching a YouTube video it was mentioned how much information they glean regarding everything I write, the websites I'm on, etc. Is that just when using the Premium version, as I would get emails from them giving me a breakdown of my weekly habits and scores? I'm going to check into that more, as far as the free version not being able to track me like the Premium version did since I needed to be logged into my account for those features.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Jonny Quest, I've used Grammarly Desktop Free, and it requires you to log in. Aren't there settings like goals, etc.? Disabling such options and privacy features may prevent performance emails.

I sometimes use the QuillBot website for grammar checking. It's not as advanced as Grammarly, but it's still helpful.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jonny Quest

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@rhythm Here's what I get from the extension when I'm logged out of my account, but Grammarly still monitors and offers corrections for the text, just using the basics.

grammarly.jpg

Here's what I get when I sign in, which I then get the goals met etc email from them. So maybe staying logged out, and using fewer features is more private? The privacy settings in my account (Security/Privacy) seemed more informational than setting exclusions, but I'll read the links in two of the settings.

grammarly3.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.