What makes the Microsoft Surface tablet different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
CNET said:
Despite Microsoft's best efforts on Monday to demonstrate why Surface is different, it's a crowded market out there.

All of the first-tier players like Samsung, Amazon, Sony, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, and Motorola (not to mention a Google-branded device that is expected) have already saturated the Android tablet market.

Read more.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have to say I like the design as well. Looks clean and slick.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
? it's the same price as an ipad so I don't see the "it's too expensive". Looks tailor made for Windows 8, makes much more sense on the surface than an actual desktop.
malbky said:
Yup i like everything of Surface except the prize. ITs gonna cost a bomb in INR.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It's nice to see Microsoft innovating and creating hardware (besides mice :p ) but I don't know yet if it will be a success. The success Apple had with the iPad determined Ms to look at "mobile" products and I think they've designed Surface for those people that believe that the iPad is not the best product to own between a phone and a notebook.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
In my opinion the presence of two versions, Windows 8 and Windows RT makes it possible to run Windows 8 on High-end and Windows RT on lower-end devices, therefore making it possible for people to get an idea about the new Windows version without paying for so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.