Advice Request What would be the Best Browser Anti-Exploitation App?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have been using Google Chrome for some time, and now the latest version 68 because it is said that Chrome is a secure browser.

That said to prevent Browser Exploitation, what app would you recommend?

I know there are apps like NoScript available but they can break websites, and one must be a savvy user to use them properly.

BTW, I am currently using Eset IS and ZAL as my base protection.

Suggestions?

Reactions: JB007

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
The satiric view on Hard_Configurator, OSArmor, ReHIPS, and VoodooShield.
Hard_Configurator
You can eat only at home and only the products which you have eaten before. Ask the expert for the permission, if you want to eat something new (do not ignore the advice). You can eat the risky meals without risky ingredients.
OSArmor
You can eat anything you want at any location, except for a long list of forbidden meals and unsafe places.
ReHIPS
You can eat anything you want at any location, but in the restaurant think 5 minutes before eating to decide if the chosen meal will not harm your stomach. Furthermore, you can safely eat some predefined risky meals together with the medicine, that will neutralize the bad side-effects.
VoodooShield
You can eat anything you want at any location, but in the restaurant think 5 minutes before eating to decide if the chosen meal will not harm your stomach. Alternatively, make a group call to 60 wise friends and ask what they think about the meal.

:emoji_clap::emoji_ok_hand: this analogy is of gold standard:D.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The satiric view on Comodo Firewall (CS settings), Hard_Configurator, OSArmor, ReHIPS, and VoodooShield (autopilot).
Comodo Firewall (CS settings)
You can eat at home the meals which you have eaten before or everything you want in 5-star restaurants. In other cases, you do not really eat meals but only smell them to grasp the taste. You can also ask your favorite expert, but he is not so good at modern meals.
Hard_Configurator
You can eat only at home and only those products which you have eaten before. Ask the expert for the permission, if you want to eat something new (do not ignore the advice). You can eat the risky meals without risky ingredients.
OSArmor
You can eat anything you want at any location, except for a long list of forbidden meals and unsafe places.
ReHIPS
You can eat anything you want at any location, but in the restaurant think 5 minutes before eating to decide if the chosen meal will not harm your stomach. Furthermore, you can safely eat some predefined risky meals together with the medicine, that will neutralize the bad side-effects.
VoodooShield
You can eat anything you want at any location, but in the restaurant think 5 minutes before eating to decide if the chosen meal will not harm your stomach. Alternatively, make a group call to 60 wise friends and ask what they think about the meal.
Just tell me where I can get a kosher meal, please. That's all I want to know.

Answer: At home. :)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Comodo cloud antivirus has auto sandboxing ability + browser protection
In @cruelsister settings, the user is not obliged to protect the web browser, because anything external that could harm the browser, will run sandboxed - except the digitally signed 0-day malware. Yet, such malware does not need to attack the web browser to infect the system.
I like @cruelsister idea of automatically blocking the Internet connection (via firewall) for files running in the sandbox. If additionally, the sandbox is highly restricted then it is like smelling the meal, without really eating it. No harm to your stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.