Advice Request Whats with the crazy EULA?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inzane

Thread author
Apr 21, 2020
I thought this was hilarious:

These commodities, technology, or software were exported from the United States in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. These products are subject to U.S. law even after they are exported from the U.S. Any party handling these goods (including non-U.S. individuals and entities) is subject to U.S. law and may not re-export or otherwise transfer these items to prohibited countries, individuals, companies, governments, or other entities. Violators may be subject to penalties including fines and the denial of permissions to export and re-export U.S. origin products. The export control laws and regulations of other countries may apply in addition to those of the United States.
These goods may not be exported, in their entirety or in part, for use in connection with the development, production, handling, operation, maintenance, storage, detection, identification or dissemination of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons, or other nuclear explosive devices, or the development, production, maintenance or storage of missiles capable of delivering such weapons.
If these goods are delivered to a country within the European Union, please be advised in accordance with article 22 (10) of the EC Regulation 428/2009, that these goods are subject to controls. If they are to be exported out of the European Union the exporter must acquire the relevant export licenses.
Certain Sophos products may not be exported for use by government end-users in specific countries and/or for use for military purposes. For more information regarding the export of Sophos products, please see: www.sophos.com/en-us/legal/export.aspx or contact your Sophos representative.

Lol, do not use boxie for nuclear missile :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, would you recommend this software? I was searching some sort of free, lightweight sandbox, like Tinywall is for firewall but to isolate Firefox from random crap, is this it?

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

If you want a sandbox you can use many ways:
Windows sandbox
Virtual machine / Hyper-V

But if you care about specially sandboxing the browser, you should just use a browser which do it by default like Chromium and also Chrome and new Edge.

Personally I wouldn't trust in this software as it's integrate itself in the system (driver) and now is owned by new guys.

inzane

Thread author
Apr 21, 2020
If you want a sandbox you can use many ways:
Windows sandbox
Virtual machine / Hyper-V

But if you care about specially sandboxing the browser, you should just use a browser which do it by default like Chromium and also Chrome and new Edge.

Personally I wouldn't trust in this software as it's integrate itself in the system (driver) and now is owned by new guys.

VM machine to browse the internet is a bit overkill...
Chromium, lacks all the nice addons from Firefox
My version of Windows is 1809 so no sandbox

So there is no sandbox you can trust?

Reactions: [correlate]
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

VM machine to browse the internet is a bit overkill...
Chromium, lacks all the nice addons from Firefox
My version of Windows is 1809 so no sandbox

So there is no sandbox you can trust?
If a VM is overkill, use Hyper-V

Which add-ons did you miss? Most can be easily replaced

Wo why just don't upgrade to latest windows version? It doesn't make sense to use outdated versions.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Sandboxie is now open-source, the new developer is one of the former developers from Invincea/Sophos, more details below:
Hello fellow Sandboxie enthusiasts. I think it's about time I introduce myself to this forum. I am Tom, one of the principal kernel developers that worked on Sandboxie for Invincea and Sophos for about 5 years. My main focus was to support windows 10 and various modernization enhancements like the 64 bit re-architecture (back in version 4.x a few years ago) among many others. Yes, I'm the guy that introduced Sandboxie to windows 10 and 64 bit chrome. And I supported all the fast ring versions up to the previous one or two. Curt took over that job when I left Sophos about 9 months ago.

I'm here to say that Sandboxie is not going away anytime soon. I can at least volunteer my efforts to support the windows 10 fast ring for the future versions of windows and other “hard issues” with various browsers. I plan to post fixes here: sandboxie/sandboxie. And hopefully, with the help of others we can keep Sandboxie alive and well for years to come.

Source: Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.