Where is bloody "ASK" option for Auto-Sandbox in CIS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I can't understand why Comodo so stubbornly refuses to add "ASK" option for the Auto-Sandbox (Containment) in CIS ? This thing has been literally the most asked for feature in entire existence of CIS and yet Comodo just stubbornly refuses to add it. At one point they bragged about changing that mechanism just to literally do absolutely nothing about it. They just shuffled controls around, leaving it the same as before. It's so annoying that stupid program just autosandboxes new things and if it's a brand new game update that I like, the damn thing gets dropped into sandbox and I just realize it mid game when everything works like crap and then I have to exit the game and Unblock it and restart it when everything could be solved on game start if it was unrecognized by CIS and I'd just allow it.

You know, just like CCAV has it since what, day one? And it works perfectly, but lacks all the features from CIS. Which makes it a bit of a stinker if you do want CIS features.

I just don't understand Comodo about this. And many other features. One of reasons it got me banned on their forums is asking about it and being annoyed by their monumental ignorance and arrogance in this regard. It's a freaking great product totally ruined by their attitude and refusal to add important stuff while constantly fiddling with crap no one asked for or wanted it. If they stopped banning people who give them well meant advices, it could be far more widely used and with far more impressive functionality. But no. Ban everyone who just want to make it better. avast! guys are hard nuts to crack recently, but with enough bitching, things get done. Comodo just sticks head in the sand and calls it a day. Come on! No matter how much I hate stupid fanboys on their forums, the product has so much potential, but things like this always make me uninstall it in the end and go back to avast! or something else. Heh...

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Pretty much the reason I stopped using CF. Unsigned files relating to programs that are already on Comodo's TVL being throw in the sandbox and having to unblock said files over and over. It felt like an endless battle which I eventually gave up on.

D

Deleted member 65228

Most of their profit comes from the sales of code signing certificates, which explains why they offer free protection software in the first place.

I wouldn't have thought you'd be banned just for querying though. If you started an argument over there or used any rude language... or kept on re-querying many times, then that would explain why you were banned - I don't know because I am not over there and don't know what was said to get you banned. And if that is the case then you would have violated their forum rules depending on what they are (e.g. maybe they thought you were spamming). Who knows and honestly don't waste your time trying to help them because you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped

Avast primarily focus on security software, as far as I know they do not have another business within the business which is marked as the "main priority" for income...Not to mention they make huge income from free users due to data collection (and selling collected data), upgraded users, and end-point business customers, so it only makes sense for Avast to have more resources and more care for general feedback (and to do something about it).

Last edited by a moderator:

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
I have requested this feature during years, last time, months ago a dev told me that they plan to add it.

I don't plan to even install CIS until this is done. Currently CIS way of working goes against usability and common sense

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.