Advice Request where to move from agnitum outpost

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
Hi, today i received the mail that the agnitum outposet security suite is ending - u can read about it here
Migration
what i want is another product for replace
what i want is lifetime license (best for 3 pcs)
dont like the pay per year solutions
what should i look at ?
i want good support - mean actual upgrades etc...
it can be separated solution - firewall+anti malware (have lifetime license for malwarebytes),
i will combine it with sandboxie.
can u suggest something for me ? thanks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Personally I think Comodo FIrewall and Spyshelter Firewall can be considered as alternatives. Because just like Outpost Firewall, these two products have firewall and HIPS modules. Please note that the firewall of Spyshelter may not as strong as Outpost, since it does not support port rules, and does not have the IDS module.

Comodo is Free, while Spyshelter sells lifetime licenses for both 1-PC and 5-PC.

PrivateFirewall could also be a good and free solution of Firewall+HIPS, but I am afraid that it may not be able to satisfy your requirement of "actual upgrades".

Both of them can work with Sandboxie. However, in Comodo, you need to exclude Sandboxie from the Shell Code Injection.
What are your thoughts about using Kaspersky, as it's being offered?

@tlacenka needs a product that can work with Sandboxie, while in my tests, even Kaspersky Free Antivirus could conflict with Sandboxie in Win 8.1 (they can work with each other in Win XP).

grrr

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2011
I believe this subject has been sufficiently covered in this thread.

Thanks for quoting my post.
As I did mention in my post above, I would stick with Outpost,as I don't use its AntiSpyware module.
While checking Private Firewall, I saw that it hasn't been updated for years.
Also current Outpost Firewall license, if not exchanged for KIS, would stand good for ever.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Zonealarm so far can considered active in development but techniques are not so complex compare to PrivateFirewall and Comodo.

As always the drawback of not updating are bugs but the performance may retain same with proper configuration.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
H

hjlbx

Hi, today i received the mail that the agnitum outposet security suite is ending - u can read about it here
Migration
what i want is another product for replace
what i want is lifetime license (best for 3 pcs)
dont like the pay per year solutions
what should i look at ?
i want good support - mean actual upgrades etc...
it can be separated solution - firewall+anti malware (have lifetime license for malwarebytes),
i will combine it with sandboxie.
can u suggest something for me ? thanks

Lifetime licenses with good support and on-going updates are very, very few.
  • Adguard (Lifetime license, includes updates and good support)
  • AppGuard (Lifetime version license includes minor updates and good support; license lasts at least a few years if not longer)
  • BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control (Lifetime license with Unlimited installs, includes updates and good support)
  • NVT ERP (freeware)
  • ShadowDefender (Lifetime license, includes updates and support)
  • Sandboxie (Lifetime license, includes updates and online support - you already have)

AppGuard + Sandboxie + Adguard + NVT ERP + WFC = solid base-line protection.

You can add HMP.A to make it even more solid. You can subscribe or request beta tester's license).

You always do Qihoo 360 Total Security or COMODO... both freeware.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

there is one other other vendor , that offers a " lifetime" license ( be sure to read the product policy closely and what that company regards as lifetime ) and that is for Vipre internet security / antivirus. a small example : when you have bought a lifetime key for 1pc of 1 of their products and your system breaks down , you cannot transfer your license to a new machine. even when you contact customer support : you will have buy a new license! it's a so so product in terms of protection / detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.