Troubleshoot Which battery to buy for my HP Pavilion 15-E002AU laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manish

Thread author
Apr 24, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Dead battery
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Looking for a new battery
Hi
My dead laptop battery says this - "PI06 Notebook Battery, REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 710416-001." It also has 10.8V 47Wh written over it. Now, I've found a new battery for my laptop. Here's the link:
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewI...on-14-E000-15-E000-15t-15z-Battery-11-1v-62Wh
But the power rating thing is different on this battery. This new battery has 11.1V 62Wh power rating. Will this more V and Wh value harm my laptop? Will this battery work fine on my laptop?

L

LabZero

Yes, it is suitable, the voltage is slightly higher but in the range : no problem.

The power (Watt) : the battery can supply higher current but there is an electronic control that handles the electrical parameters.

This means that it could handle a heavier load when necessary.
It's oversized but is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Manish and jamescv7
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Laptops are already optimized to handle the number of watts used so it should never worry about. Just use the battery if you are going somewhere and better plugged with AC included the battery in case of any brownouts occur.

Reactions: LabZero and Manish
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.