Which Emsisoft product should i choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

mercurial said:
Gnosis said:
As far as I am concerned, OA Free is Emsisoft's flagship. That product alone has earned my trust and respect for Emsisoft R&D.

The only thing OA premium adds is The Banking Mode, DNS Spoofing and registry Shield right? I think one can live without that :p.
+1 for OA free

Advanced mode of OA premium, allows you to create more rules, giving you greater control then the free version.
Of course there are the banking mode,DNS spoofing, Registry shield, and Phishing filter, and the ability to import/export settings..

D

Deleted member 178

mercurial said:
The only thing OA premium adds is The Banking Mode, DNS Spoofing and registry Shield right? I think one can live without that :p.
+1 for OA free

and less options in the FW, but nothing that will seriously decrease the security. EAM paid + OA free is very good.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
mercurial said:
+1 for OA free

and less options in the FW, but nothing that will seriously decrease the security. EAM paid + OA free is very good.

Yup, nothing that will make u more vulnerable and you can have that config and have a peace of mind. Though the best part would be to add Shadow Defender to the mix and make your system invincible. :p

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Is Emsisoft complete AV solution?
Why does not exist Emsisoft Internet Security 2013 as one component?
Can it be compared the Emsisoft with other Internet Security?
I read that EMSI is not complete AV solution.
I tried it and it seems to me a great tool.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
And another thing, why the BitDefender,ESET,etc, firewall does not ask and it works independently?
EMSISOFT is always looking for my decision.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
nastavnikhe,

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a complete AV solution. See also the Frequent Questions on this webpage.

The Emsisoft Online Armor firewall can not be compared with a small firewall in any internet security suite. It offers more protection and should be compared with other standalone firewalls.

I'm sure they are working on an all-in-one internet security program, but they take their time to do it good and offer an excellent product when it's ready.

D

Deleted member 178

nastavnikhe said:
Is Emsisoft complete AV solution?

Yes, Emsisoft Internet Security Pack is totally a complete solution

Why does not exist Emsisoft Internet Security 2013 as one component?

because at beginning it was 2 different products from 2 different companies; now it need times and resources to fuse them.

Can it be compared the Emsisoft with other Internet Security?

Yes it is even better than most of other solutions

I read that EMSI is not complete AV solution.

so the article you read was made by a inexperienced writer

I tried it and it seems to me a great tool.

yes it is

nastavnikhe said:
And another thing, why the BitDefender,ESET,etc, firewall does not ask and it works independently?

Because Emsisoft include an HIPS (a module) that monitor every process in your system, and alert you if you allow/block, if one is not recognized as safe.

havok

Verified
Mar 12, 2013
ctrlaltdelete said:
nastavnikhe,
The Emsisoft Online Armor firewall can not be compared with a small firewall in any internet security suite. It offers more protection and should be compared with other standalone firewalls.

I have to disagree with this . In my experience Kaspersky firewall -implemented in KIS and PURE - is a top notch one, perhaps the best in the market. For many reasons

D

Deleted member 178

KIS FW is an exception; most of the suite-built-in FWs are generally average.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The most function of a firewall is to monitor the outgoing and incoming connections and prevent hackers through its connection on a certain program however these days they included HIPS as a part of a protection which more known for programs behavior interacted besides internet connection execution.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
It is good to turn off HIPS in Onlien Armor Pro? In VIPRE IS 2013 HIPS is turned off.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
nastavnikhe said:
It is good to turn off HIPS in Onlien Armor Pro? In VIPRE IS 2013 HIPS is turned off.

Why would you turn it off? HIPS only bothers you for unknown programs. And that's an extra security layer i would never turn off.

Just check the programs listed in the Online Armor > Programs list and if there are programs listed that are not trusted automatically, check if you trust them and change the status from unknown to tusted.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Vipre, they included that feature however tends for Advance Users. If you tick from option section, aware from pop ups due to behavior of each applications thus knowledge is a must for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.