Which malware (on-demand) scanner do you use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
MBAM, HMP and EEK! I use these because they are the best ;) If I had to pick just one it would be MBAM.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Here's mine;

1) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
2) HitmanPro
3) Emsisoft Emergency Kit
4) Comodo Cleaning Essentials
5) herdProtect
6) Avira PC Cleaner
7) Dr. Web CureIt!

:):):)

Reactions: MalwareT

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I don't use any on-demand scanners because I never get infections. When I do try a scan with one all it detects is false positives.

Thanks. :D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
There is no best tool. I recently cleaned my cousin's PC. I used Emsisoft Emergency Kit, then ESET Online Scanner, then Malwarebytes, then HitmanPro with 30 days trial activated... and still the PC was infected with a persistent adware (iStart if I remember well). Finally, AdwCleaner finished the job, but there had also been some trojans there, which EEK caught first, and maybe MB caught something serious like that too, I'm not sure now.

The point is each tool I mentioned is great, but in this case each had a little more to detect, even 360 Total Security found some more unhealthy files and system settings, and that's the AV I left there for him after scanning with everything else. HmP found malicious proxy settings for IE which no other found. And so it goes, there is no single tool that can do everything. But fortunately we can, and should gain a lot by, discussing the best tools, plural, because if you're in trouble, you're probably gonna need a whole bunch of them.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
MBAM for me, I still have EEK but I haven't updated it for ages

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.