Which SpyShelter Security Level is Safest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CySecy825

Thread author
Ask user : More Decisions

Auto allow – High security level : If you know what running on your pc

I think Ask user is safest but if you really don,t want klick everytime allow then, Auto allow – High security level

IMO

Reactions: shmu26
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Ask user : More Decisions

Auto allow – High security level : If you know what running on your pc

I think Ask user is safest but if you really don,t want klick everytime allow then, Auto allow – High security level

IMO
  • Clean install OS
  • (Optional - Immediately install SpyShelter Firewall - for ultra-paranoid user)
  • Install desired softs
  • Perform scans of system to verify clean (I think this is pointless, but for ultra-paranoid it make them feel false sense of security)
  • Install SpyShelter Firewall
  • Enable High-Security (Training Mode of sorts - for user convenience)
or
  • Enable Ask User ("Interactive\Alert Mode")
or
  • Enable High-Security followed by Ask User modes
Either way system now has very good protection against unintended installation\execution of files - except what the user has allowed.

There is a lot of flexibility in using SpyShelter Firewall.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Interactive mode/ask mode is the highest level you can have because you are aware on the things happened throughout the system no matter how circumstances occur.

Other settings are purely based on default presets which sometimes you need to tweak them for better performance.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I think this one is better :)

I agree.

It is more convenient for user: User will need to respond to much less alerts and create far fewer rules.

Here is basic infos for those that do not know how it works...

SpyShelter Firewall High-Security (create generic Allow rules for built-in\user-defined Trusted vendors) is similar to COMODO HIPS in Safe Mode.

SpyShelter Firewall Ask User (built-in Trusted vendors list disabled\user must create all rules) is similar to COMODO HIPS in Paranoid Mode.

The difference between SpyShelter and COMODO is that SpyShelter will create a generic Allow rule for the action whereas COMODO will create a specific Allow rule for the action.

For example,

SpyShelter Firewall will create an Allow rule for all registry access\modification; file can access and modify the registry.

COMODO will create an Allow rule for only the specific registry key access\modification; file can access and modify a specific registry key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.