Battle Which USB Security software?(Autorun Virus Remover vs Mcshield)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
Hai everyone on this Forum, Can someone here help me to decide between this two USB Autorun removers. I am presently using Autorun Virus Remover. I wonder if MC Shield would be better?? which would be best and good

Reactions: kev216

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
McShield! Hands down..

Features:
  • Detection of newly connected drives and automatic scanning
  • Automatic removal mode which makes use of this software possible to everyone regardless of their operating system and malware related knowledge
  • Interactive mode for advanced users who desire more control over the scan process
  • Ultra fast scanning of root and certain special folders on the hard drives and adaptive scanning of removable drives
  • On demand drive scanning
  • Advanced general and infection specific heuristics
  • Automatic database and program updates
  • Completely negligible impact on system performance
  • Optimal functionality without any additional settings
  • Possibility to modify the programs behavior according to specific user's needs
  • Various color schemes for the user interface
  • Creation of backup copies of everything that program detects and deletes
  • Display of real-time global statistics and news
  • Localization (18 languages at the moment)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
you dont need it if you are using an AV especially avast and avira
but I think you should use it if you use Norton. Because of it I got infected. Norton never dectected anything from USB for me. It was norton 2014. not sure if they have fixed this or not

edit: the best USB AV I have ever used is USB Disk Security but it is a paid product
McShield is also good

Last edited:
Reactions: kev216 and XhenEd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Go to McShield since majority of autorun attacks can manage to prevent where many common AV's failed to do so. *

*Based on my actual experience where Avast, Avira, Bitdefender and few others failed to do so.

Also, you can have another tool called USBFix (from Bitdefender) where effectively restores hidden files by LNK shortcut virus and other annoying threats.

@yigido: Yep you are typically right but not bad to have these tools since many AV's bypassed simple yet common autorun attacks. :)

Y

yigido

@yigido: Yep you are typically right but not bad to have these tools since many AV's bypassed simple yet common autorun attacks. :)
"Disable Autorun & Autoplay" does help about this.
Autorun threats? The best protection against such viruses is to completely disable autorun feature in Windows. I am saying again there is no need such USB protection softwares just my opinion :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you disabled AutoPlay from Windows settings, to prevent .inf files from running automatically?

upload_2016-6-20_18-13-39.png
From Windows 10

You can share you current security in Security Configuration Wizard as some Antivirus software may include USB Protection, don't want to risk overlapping security. :)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Modified Title and added as a poll option:
None, because...

Also, please kindly follow guidelines. If choosing one or another without a reason, simply use vote option.

If choosing None, because..., then please post a constructive feedback.

This is an interesting thread, please lets allow everyone else to benefit from the wealth of information that can be potentially generated here.

Thanks

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would choose MCsheild it is light on system resources and gets the job done. Maybe a moderator could add "other" as an option there may be a autorun protected that othersbuse. :)

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.