Advice Request Which version of Comodo Firewall is better?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Using 10.2.0.6408 here. 11 has had some issues for me too. Mostly run the repair type thing, but I haven't seen disappearing settings in 10 or 11. Updates are too much of an adventure for me at this point. Maybe 12 will finally bring a fully stable CFW lol...

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
v11.0.0.6744
Is there any possibility that exporting or loading of settings failed?
Although I have experienced resetting the settings in the state I was using, I never encountered problems with importing.
Using 10.2.0.6408 here. 11 has had some issues for me too. Mostly run the repair type thing, but I haven't seen disappearing settings in 10 or 11. Updates are too much of an adventure for me at this point. Maybe 12 will finally bring a fully stable CFW lol...
A bug in comodo may be an easter egg.:):coffee:

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
With all this bugginess in different versions of CFW, it is not worth my further effort. For now, I am trying WFC by Binisoft. Other alternative is ZA but compared to CFW it is like apples and oranges.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what CFW version Cruelsister likes?

Of course the version must be compatible with the OS used.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
With all this bugginess in different versions of CFW, it is not worth my further effort. For now, I am trying WFC by Binisoft. Other alternative is ZA but compared to CFW it is like apples and oranges.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what CFW version Cruelsister likes?

Of course the version must be compatible with the OS used.
Most of CS videos are on Windows 7, that's why she likes Comodo so much.
I asked her once to test it on Windows 10, but she said Windows 7 had more share on that time

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
The version 10 of Comodo Firewall has gone Excellent to me, Version 11 a few days ago was updated and so far is going well I have not had to import my configuration has respected my configuration of version 10, I think it is because I use W7.:giggle:

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
As I stated elsewhere, v11 (Cs) was buggy for me. Maybe you too and you just didn't notice it. Hint: Enable Advanced view on the GUI (top right of main interface) and have a look at "Blocked files" on the bottom left.

Let us know what you end up using. I know I for one could use a good go-to FW. Right now I'm thinking about going back to GlassWire.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
As I stated elsewhere, v11 (Cs) was buggy for me. Maybe you too and you just didn't notice it. Hint: Enable Advanced view on the GUI (top right of main interface) and have a look at "Blocked files" on the bottom left.

Let us know what you end up using. I know I for one could use a good go-to FW. Right now I'm thinking about going back to GlassWire.

Since last night, I have been using WFC by Binisoft which enhances the WF similar to Glasswire without bells and whistles.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.