Which would be better ?

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

I currently have Kaspersky Total Security and wondered if Bitdefender Internet Security suite might be a better option rather than renewing my current suite.

Any comments and/or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Reactions: Piteko21

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
better Kaspersky, more efective, bitdefender is buggy sometimes, despite I like bitdefender if I could choose, would choose Kaspersky.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Keep Kaspersky, they will have some really useful features in their next version like blocking of
browser modifications :) (Toolbars, Add-Ons, Homepage, etc.)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @AMD1, it seems you are curious just how Bitdefender might work for you. The most effective way to experience this would be to try it, & see for yourself how it gets along with your unique system.
That said, I would personally opt for one or more from the number of alternate options mentioned for you here including my agreement with members whom have advised staying with what you already know and like. Isn't it nice to know you won't be stuck either way?o_O Before finalizing your choice, you can test drive one (or more) candidates. It won't cost you anything but your time effort, and pays back with dividends of observational wisdom. :DDo let us know your decision, and how it goes as I too shall be test running some free trials in order to narrow my own decision for our Windows 8.1 system in the coming month.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Kaspersky :)
with a myriad of features and you have to trying all the features and you will be solid despite facing malware that has not been identified/unknown (as a precaution)

Stay safe :)

Iam sorry my english is very bad :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you will be buying a license either way, and Kapsersky has done you good, no infections, why switch..
I would have to agree with this. If Kaspersky runs good on your system and has kept you infection free IMO you would have nothing to gain by switching to Bitdefender. Kaspersky is very good and as @illumination stated your paying for it so why pay for something new that you haven't tried.
You could always try Bitdefender as there are always at least 3 or 6 month trials and if you don't like it then purchase Kaspersky again or try Bitdefender in Virtual box or a similar VM software.
Personally I like to stick with what has been working for me.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my view, no need to change another Antivirus; sometimes testing the samples on an isolated environment should not easily adopt to change an AV on your host system. Make your product runs smoothly through the flaw and when an accident happens then it should prevent any threats to be compromise.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.