Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
whitehat_aviator.jpg

With every website you visit, you’re vulnerable to malicious hackers out to steal your surfing history, passwords, email access, bank account numbers, medical info, and more. And the “big browsers” don’t do enough to stop it. But now you can protect yourself before you go on the Web – with WhiteHat Aviator, the Web’s most secure and private browser. With WhiteHat Aviator, you get the industry’s best and tightest security and privacy safeguards – all built-in, all activated, all ready-to-go.

What makes WhiteHat Aviator so secure?

WhiteHat Aviator; is built on Chromium, the same open-source foundation used by Google Chrome. Chromium has several unique, powerful security features. One is a "sandbox" that prevents websites from stealing files off your computer or infecting it with viruses.

WhiteHat Aviator comes ready-to-go with hardened security and privacy settings, giving hackers less to work with. The default search engine is DuckDuckGo – not Google, which logs your activity. For good measure, Aviator integrates Disconnect – a crucial extension that blocks advertisements and much of the privacy-destroying tracking used across the Internet.

WhiteHat Aviator is the only browser that is immediately ready and preconfigured with activated defenses against the most dangerous hacker attacks using technology that blocks unwanted ads, pop-ups, and spyware.

WhiteHat Aviator also includes online scam and virus protection that warns you if a Web page you are about to visit is known to be fraudulent or harmful to your computer. Further, WhiteHat Aviator automatically updates to ensure your defenses are always cutting edge. And if WhiteHat Aviator comes across a malvertisement, our high-security "sandbox" keeps that code contained and unable to infect your computer.

Aviator is designed for the every day person who really values their online security and privacy:

• We bundled Aviator with Disconnect to remove ads and tracking
  • Aviator is always in private mode
  • Each tab is sandboxed (a sandbox provides controls to help prevent one program from making changes to others, or to your environment)
  • We strip out referring URLs across domains to protect your privacy
  • Flash and Java are click-to-play – greatly reducing the risk of drive-by downloads
  • We block access to websites behind your firewall to prevent Intranet hacking
Download: WhiteHat Aviator 32.0.1700.72 | 27.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: WhiteHat Aviator for Mac OS X | 53.2 MB
View: WhiteHat Aviator Homepage http://www.neowin.net/news/whitehat-aviator-320170072

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Built on Google Chrome, the best browser that steal all private data? yeah it's a nice idea man !

Y

yigido

Is it better than Epic Privacy Browser or SuperBird Browser ? Because features and offers are the same ?
I do not want to use these kind of browsers..these are look like toys :p

Thanks for sharing btw :)

I

illumination

I was just playing with this browser to check it out, and it is not a bad alternative browser. Upon opening it i found it runs in Protected mode, which does not store cookies, search, ect. The default search is Duck duck go "256 bit encrypted" , which speaking of, the start page is 256 bit as well.. It comes pre-configured such as blocking third paty cookies, keep only local data,ect.. Disconnect is already installed. So basically an ad blocker of your choice and maybe lastpass and one would be set..

I like that they have configured it for the masses, so out of the box, the users are enjoying the most of security and privacy they can get without it being a hassle..

Not sure it is enough for me to use full time, but still somewhat impressed.

Reactions: yigido

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
All added features included can be added to Google Chrome with extensions and still have the latest Chrome version that is secure from vulnerabilities. I see no point in using Chromium clones since all depend on Google to patch vulnerabilities, none of them develop their own core and always fall behind on keeping up with the latest patched versions.

Added security features are just a placebo they will not protect the browser from vulnerabilities.

Thanks. :D

Y

yigido

All added features included can be added to Google Chrome with extensions and still have the latest Chrome version that is secure from vulnerabilities. I see no point in using Chromium clones since all depend on Google to patch vulnerabilities, none of them develop their own core and always fall behind on keeping up with the latest patched versions.

Added security features are just a placebo they will not protect the browser from vulnerabilities.

Thanks. :D
Which extensions can save me when using Chrome browser? I have privacy concerns about Google Chrome and using Chrome Dev 35 now.
Which extensions or settings make minimize these concerns ?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Which extensions can save me when using Chrome browser? I have privacy concerns about Google Chrome and using Chrome Dev 35 now.

Here is a guide to change settings on Google Chrome-
http://www.howtogeek.com/100361/how-to-optimize-google-chrome-for-maximum-privacy/

Please note: Google has removed RLZ tracking on official builds downloaded from their website only ad-partner versions include RLZ tracking. Adding any Adblock extension should also disable other tracking features unless you use Google Sync.
RLZ tracking was once thought to be a type of Google spyware but once it went open-source was proven to not be the case.

If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome. Installation-ID has been another feature that was once thought to be spyware but was confirmed to only count the number of Google Chrome installations.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Here is a guide to change settings on Google Chrome-
http://www.howtogeek.com/100361/how-to-optimize-google-chrome-for-maximum-privacy/

Please note: Google has removed RLZ tracking on official builds downloaded from their website only ad-partner versions include RLZ tracking. Adding any Adblock extension should also disable other tracking features unless you use Google Sync.
RLZ tracking was once thought to be a type of Google spyware but once it went open-source was proven to not be the case.

If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome. Installation-ID has been another feature that was once thought to be spyware but was confirmed to only count the number of Google Chrome installations.

Enjoy!! :D
Thanks for the informative link, I already know these are and I did all these settings ;)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013

If you have privacy concerns about using google chrome then why on gods earth are you using it.?

https://plus.google.com/+JustinSchuh/posts/69qw9wZVH8z
Interesting insight to this browser from a chrome developer.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.