Why 360 total security is in Malware domains list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Once they flag one they obviously flag the whole site.In the second reply they were talking about it being distributed in a zip file
This is what they were probably talking about from CNET.Totally different installer
Code:
360TS_Setup_Mini_OG_DS_DD-66347416
They also backpedaled on their first reply,"We cannot recommend using this product" ,by saying the program is ok to use in their second reply.
I am not going to beat a dead horse anymore as it is obviously a user decision on whether or not to use the software.I will recommend that nobody download it from CNET.

Here are the VT results from the CNET installer https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b8f30315ff2ee8c9ce6ca91cf2b1ec9d917/analysis/

This paints a totally different picture

Yeah, I always avoid to download stuff from CNET. I think the software from Qihoo site is safe.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Don't worry about it. uBlock has lots of false positives :p. Basically they blocks most of the downloader sites even like softpedia/ download.com also.

Makes me not so likely to ever implement uBlock Origin in the future.

Reactions: Anupam
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.