Why browser speed benchmarks are meaningless

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

Thread author
I thought I'd share this with you guys. It's a very interesting read.

Today, we will talk about a different kind of browsing speed issues. The far end of the spectrum, the browser speed benchmarks. Supposedly, they ought to tell us something about our product of choice and make us proud and convinced in our decision. The tests have nothing to do with your setup; they have everything to do with what your browsers looks like inside. Which makes them totally, completely irrelevant.

Full article: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/browser-speed.html

G

Guest28

Thread author
Yea i never really went by browsers tester of software that will test out any sort of speed. I always liked doing these speed tests by my self.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Benchmarks are meaningless because they are first and foremost a publicity stunt. They are used to create the illusion of perfection and take the spotlight away from things that really matter, like security, privacy, usability, modularity, compatibility.
This is 100% correct. , I have stopped comparing browsers a few months ago I find it useless...Each company has it's own test which will pass with brio.
Firefox and Chrome for me are the top two... so why did I chose Chrome ? Design ,features and the simple fact that Chrome has a very powerful team behind him.

:eek:fftopic: +Rep for the share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.