Why do you change your Antivirus?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Coz i want to try something new which performs more better then previous one, so i test AV for few months & try something new to see difference between them which gives better performance & security. Also i will change AV if it not performing well or i see any other AV is performing good then the current one.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I usually change my AV for three major reasons:

1.) Performance (lightness, speed, resource-efficient)
2.) Protection (proactive, detection, 0-day effective)
3.) Curiosity - Even if I become very satisfied with an AV, I will always try new AVs. (Like ESET, very satisfied with it but I keep on looking for some others)

D

Deleted member 2913

I decide on an AV through my little search i.e forums, reviews, tests, my own tests.
Once I decide on an AV, dont change it if its working fine & no probs.
But if the changes in the AV I dont like then I change it. Like I was Avast user but its becoming bloat day by day so I replaced it with Bitdefender free.

Reactions: Solarlynx

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
1)resource usage (Avast for example is not what it used to be).
2)Trouble free-ness (bugs, ease of use).
3)effectiveness.
With time, some products improve, others the opposite so if you compare this with a bit of curiosity, you 'll change AV every sometime.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The reasons that will make me change my AV.

1- Compatibility issues with other software.
2- False alerts- I hate false positives when an AV starts detecting my safe programs then it is time for it to go.
3- Makes system have slow response time or slow web browsing.
4.-Unresolved annoying bugs.
5.-Requires constant tweaking, configuration changes or manual upgrading.

For protection or detection: All will fail to block infections if you are reckless and download suspicious files and you can get infected using any AV, therefore this is not a consideration for me to change my AV.

AV tests and reviews don't really mean anything since it is impossible to test every single malware on the web.
Testing small samples will not determine how well any AV will protect you.

Enjoy!! :D

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
On occasion I will change security programs to see the capabilities of other programs, and or, to check out new features.

arsh

Level 1
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Every year av vendors add new features and delete obsolete ones..... so i read reviews and try new av.... It is usually in nov or oct when many AVs are on sale or free trails are available...... I personally tests them with malware package which are always available online...

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Just out of curiosity. Now with a snapshot time machine Eaz-Fix I have 6 different lines of snapshots with:
Emsisoft
Avast free
Comodo
AVG IS - I'm here now.
Baidu
Qihoo

:D

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Why u change , i change!:cool: Concept is same every one wants to try new suffs, especially GEEKS. like us.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Just out of curiosity. Now with a snapshot time machine Eaz-Fix I have 6 different lines of
:D

i was a huge fan of Rollback RX and associate until it messed my MBR and forced me to delete all partitions (even the OS recovery one)

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
i was a huge fan of Rollback RX and associate until it messed my MBR and forced me to delete all partitions (even the OS recovery one)

I know snapshoties are dangerous. That's why I have a good collection of images by Paragon, Macrium and even Eaz-Fix (the Rx clone with ability to make images).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.