Advice Request Why doesn't mailo get better market share?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I've been using a Mailo (formerly net courier) family plan for a year now.
In terms of value (5 premium accounts for 5 years is ~USD$120) it is very competitive,. I haven't seen any better value.
Its features and customizations are extensive.
Its easy to use including the pgp functionality if you want/need to use it.
It almost never appears on "top X email providers or 201Y" lists. Why?

Is the jurisdiction an issue? EU privacy laws are not the worst.

The only negatives I give Mailo is that the iOS app has trouble rendering html format emails on very small screens.

What are your security considerations when choosing a family email provider?

Others tested include:
I have tried paid services viz Tutanota, Protonmail, Zoho, Startmail, Lycos, Hushmail & CTemplar and they are okay but nowhere near the same value for money.
I have tried free services like CTemplar, iCloud, Yandex, Vivaldi, Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, Inbox, Seznam/Zoznam, Excite & GMX/Mail.com and they all have strengths and weaknesses.
(I could write reviews of all of them)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Mailo does indeed have a basic free account that runs minimal ads.
But it does not work, for free. You have to pay to be able to receive emails. I paid for 3 months and I wonder if it continues to work for free. If not, I will switch to posteo.de

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.